sixteen | feelings |

Start from the beginning

"Hi, I am Pari." She said as she began introducing herself which I listened to unattentively while starting right at her taking in her beauty. She was not just beautiful, she was like a gush of fresh air, bubbly and jovial making hand gesture while she spoke.

The name of an angel as the face and voice of an angel.

I was pretty lost looking at here that I didn't even realise that she was long done her hands  now stretched trying to hand me a box of chocolates "Here." She said putting forward a box of chocolates. It took me sometime to recover and she stretched her hands further trying to hand me the box which I immediately took inspecting it, while she tried to make small talk which were futile because no matter how hard I tried I only seemed to be at a loss of words. I quickly introduced myself remembering she didn't even know my name. We made another round of conversation which too soon came to an end. I was deeply disappointed because I could have stood there and heard her melodious voice for hours. She proceeded to take her leave and as she turned around I couldn't stop but ask her out for dinner the next night, which rolled naturally off my tongue.

Please say yes.

She had chuckled nervously and wondered it it should have been her throwing a housewarming dinner for everybody but finally agreed and I couldn't have been more happier because I  felt like I wanted to get to know her but at the same time I wondered if it was the right thing to do.

.

They next morning I had an off day so I started thinking as to what I should prepare for my guest since my maid was on a leave, finally deciding om two of my best things to make. Pan fried scallops in burnt butter and garlic sauce and  cheese margherita pizza.

Nobody can say no to pizza.

The next afternoon when by prepping up for the dinner I was going to cook, I had already prepped the scallops when I noticed that I didn't have any sage leaves in my refrigerator which was very important for the burnt butter garlic sauce that I was making, so I decided to head out and grab them from the nearest  convenience store. Downstairs I bumped into Pari who was carrying two paint buckets. She obviously have had a tiring day because I could see the sweat beads forming on her forehead and her hair that was sprayed messily on her shoulder.

"What are we having tonight." She asked when I had stopped to greet her.

"Scallops and Pizza." I had told her trying to mess with her and I could see her nose scrunching up thinking of the weird combination.

That night she had come right on time dressed up in a denim skirt and a simple blue top looking breath-taking like she always did and I could find myself not being able to stop staring at her, to be honest, this was probably the first time I had seen somebody look so beautiful in such simple clothes and makeup. She had offered me to help me innumerable time with the dinner, even insisting when I would turn her down until I finally agreed to let her help me with chopping the vegetable which she did meticulously while I watched her from my place beside her. I couldn't take my eyes off her as she moved across the house, with the fluidity of a goddess seeming to trod on air. She had also bonded with my dog Oscar which was unlike him because Oscar never likes it when I have guest over. They kept playing throughout dinner, sometimes chucking the pieces of meat from her pizza towards Oscar for him to eat. She kept talking to him like he was a human baby, warming my heart because that's exactly what I did all the time but never had a friend of mine done it before. Looking at them made me wonder if she would ever give me as the same attention as she was giving Oscar but not that I minded.

After the dinner we had spent some time together on the balcony before she had left and from that day onwards, we hadn't met for nearly two weeks, but she kept crossing my mind every now and then. I found myself wondering often what she would be doing or if she needed any assistance in shifting in but I was too busy with the last few days of my shoot to drop in and check, I wanted to several times but by the time I would be home I would be too tired. We did cross each other's path several times but would hardly speak and would often leave with just a meek smile at one another or a few greetings, and deep down I knew the reason I was afraid of getting attached, I was already in a serious relationship and I was sure my girlfriend wouldn't like it if I would be spending time with someone other girl who wasn't her.

It was a Monday, my shoots had been wrapped up, I was home alone and bored out of my mind, I decided to meet any of my friends but I couldn't take Pari out of my mind, every time I would try to decide on who to meet my mind would tell me that I should check in on Pari and so I did. I knew of the consequences of spending time with someone you start liking from the first meet, but I decided to keep my mind straight and just meet her as a friend. I had headed over to her apartment, which she was surprised at because she had clearly not expected me to be there, I lied to her that all my friends were out of town and had asked her if she would like to go out somewhere. I was scared that she might turn me down so I quickly offered to help her paint her apartment in exchange in order to tempt her, but honestly it was a selfish deal because even helping her paint would end up helping me, it would keep me occupied for a few days as well as I would to spend sometime with her which I knew I wanted.

Later that night I had picked Pari up, she looked breath-taking in a nude coloured ensemble, a pleated skirt with a sequined top, overhyped, asking me about where I was taking her as we headed out. We both had decided on where to go, for a movie and I thought of showing her the latest Avenger's movie. The entire car ride she had been excited asking me things and listening to me starry eyed, and in the movie theatre she hoarded on popcorns and soda like a little kid, getting really enthusiastic during some scenes of the movie which warmed my heart. She had also ended up crying in the end and I couldn't help but feel sad.

Such an empathetic soul, crying even at deaths of frictional character, so unlike Jacqueline.

I had then headed over to KFC and quickly ordering our dinner, having to go I took her to my favourite spot in the city, hoping to surprise her with the small picnic and excellent view that I had planned. I had remembered that she hadn't had the time to go and see the beauty of the city herself so I decided to do the best that I could and like I had guessed she was mesmerised seeing the view and couldn't be happier with the picnic that I laid down for us. Seeing the smile on her face made me for that time being forget all the worry in the world.

"How did you even find this remote place." She had asked me her eyes still on the twinkling lights before us.

I wish you hadn't asked this.

I finally told her about my girlfriend who had brought me to a place nearby and then I had discovered this hidden clearing on my own. I saw Pari nod her head whereas I cringed on mentioning my girlfriend because things lately haven't been fine between the two of us as we both had been under a lot of stress and honestly, I had no idea where our relationship was heading.

The following day I had gone to help her with the painting, her apartment was literally a mess, even though her furniture were moved in there were a few cardboard boxes lying here and there and her walls clearly showed that she have had a hard time painting them on her own. There were tonnes of things that needed work but we had a gala time doing that, I got to know her better, her friends and her family while we joked around like we had known each other for a lifetime. The next five days went by in a blink of an eye, we had gotten much closer and much more comfortable around her and by the time we were done I already knew that I was falling of her.

I was falling for her harder and faster than a meteorite waiting to hit earth.

.

Siddharth had  realised that he is falling in love with Pari. Will he tell her?  But what was the reason for him getting angry at her? I am sure all of you have guess but if you haven't then exciting chapter coming up for you. Also, the necxt chapter will be in Siddharth's POV aswell.

Please comment and vote. Share this story with your friends if you seemed to have liked it.