Chapter 75: Who weaved this large trap?

Start from the beginning

Jinse responded with a strange little laugh, then she turned around and continued walking forward. When the group of people passed by Feiyu Courtyard, they all slightly speed up. Wen Wan was walking at the back of the group and couldn't resist taking a few scurrying steps to decrease the distance between herself and the group.

"Wahh," the sound of a baby crying started again. Wen Wan's legs felt weak and she fell down. The people in front of her all ran away as fast as lightning, even Tanxiang almost abandoned her to run away too. Tanxiang hesitated for a few moments before coming back, helping her up, and supporting her as they resumed walking.

The mysterious prolonged crying in the empty courtyard caused Wen Wan to become feverish that very night after returning to her courtyard. Tanxiang had become temporarily muddled-headed from fear and hadn't done a good job watching over Wen Wan.

By the next day, Wen Wan had already fallen seriously ill.

Marquis Moyu requested an imperial physician to come by to treat Wen Wan. Moreover, he warned the entire household to not spread the news of the haunting outside and only requested the sage monk that the emperor trusted the most to come over and perform a purification ritual.

---

Somehow, the third prince was alerted of this haunting. Feeling bored, he came over to watch the excitement.

Standing in the courtyard, the third prince watched the sage monk perform the ritual and asked Nie Sangyu, "Younger cousin, are you not afraid of this type of thing?"

Ji Man forced herself to smile. "Sangyu does find this type of thing scary. But for every grievance, there is someone responsible. This misfortune and responsibility definitely won't fall on Sangyu's head. When Sangyu think of it that way, Sangyu isn't worried anymore."

The third prince deeply looked at her before smiling and saying, "You've certainly adopted a lighthearted perspective."

Ji Man was completely focused on watching the expert sage monk in the courtyard, so she didn't notice the third prince's expression as he watched her.

After the ritual was over, Marquis Moyu presented offerings to the Buddha statue for Feiyu Courtyard. The sage monk and the third prince stayed in the courtyard, exchanged greetings, and talked for a bit.

Ji Man inadvertently swept her gaze over and felt that these two people looked very familiar.

---

In the evening, Marquis Moyu sent over ten servants to watch Feiyu Courtyard. As expected, the sound of a baby crying didn't appear that night. It wasn't clear whether it was because the sage monk's purification ritual had been effective, or because of the servants guarding Feiyu Courtyard.

---

Wen Wan kept having nightmares. Whenever she woke up, she would be muddle-headed and wouldn't let Tanxiang attend to her. The people in the residence all felt that she was under some type of evil influence.

Marquis Moyu had a headache from trying to figure out who could attend to Wen Wan. Since she wouldn't even allow Tanxiang near her, who else would be able to approach her?

The imperial physician said the fetus had already been disturbed. If Wen Wan didn't calm down soon, it would be very likely for her to suffer a miscarriage.

After hearing these words, Marquis Moyu looked at Nie Sangyu.

"Don't consider this servant as an option." Ji Man faintly smiled. "She definitely wouldn't allow me near her."

Her words were true. The person that Wen Wan disliked the most right now was Nie Sangyu. How could WenWan be willing to have Nie Sangyu keep her company? After Marquis Moyu had a headache for several hours, Qian Lianxue came over.