Chapter 66: Bringing a new person home and seeing old people

Start from the beginning

Wen Wan slightly frowned. She glanced at Nie Sangyu and said, "How am I not obedient? If he wants me too meekly submit myself to being mistreated like you, I can't do it."

"Acting obedient isn't the same as accepting mistreatment." Ji Man looked at Marquis Moyu, who was still walking ahead of them by himself, and smiled. "The marquis is using different methods to get the result that he wants. He switches between acting hot and cold in order to forge Madam into what he wants. If you don't believe this servant, then wait two days. If you don't lower your head by then, he won't be able to resist coming to you."

This was truth. This truly was what Ning Yuxuan was thinking. He was using the same method as one would use to refine a sword; alternate between hot and cold and repeatedly grind until you obtained the form that you wanted.

This technique had been well-tested on Wen Wan. Every time she threw a tantrum, he would give her the cold shoulder for a few days. In the end, Wen Wan would take the initiative to come to him and her attitude would lessen.

If Wen Wan didn't know Marquis Moyu's intentions, then the direction of their relationship would definitely follow Ning Yuxuan's desired course. Wen Wan would gradually become gentle and magnanimous. She would learn to tolerate and accept the other women. This could be considered Marquis Moyu's method in training his wife.

However, even if he had thought of a thousand possibilities, he wouldn't have expected that Ji Man would see through his plan. It was one thing for her to figure out his plan, but she had actually taken the step of telling Wen Wan the truth.

Wen Wan understood now. There was no point in her feeling sad and upset. Marquis Moyu had done this intentionally. Knowing his scheme and also knowing that he wouldn't abandon her because she had a place in his heart, Wen Wan felt much more confident.

"Thank you for pointing this out to me." Wen Wan curved her lips. "If he wants me to tolerate and accept this woman, I won't make it easy for him!"

Ji Man lowered her head. As expected, Wen Wan had been favored to the point that she was fearless. She had already given Wen Wan the information that she needed. If Wen Wan was clever, she would grasp Marquis Moyu's weak point and successfully reverse the situation. If she was stupid... then her future outlook was bleak.

She wasn't planning on harming Wen Wan. After all, Wen Wan was Marquis Moyu's beloved and also the great female lead. As for how the story would go, that would depend on Wen Wan's luck.

Inside the dining room, Mu Shuiqing and Liu Hanyun were both standing. Jinse was a newcomer, so she didn't know where to go. Seeing that a few of the women had sat down, she thought that she shouldn't need to stand too since she was pregnant. And so, she approached the seat that was next to Marquis Moyu.

Standing next to Jinse, Wen Wan quietly asked, "What? Are you thinking of sitting in my seat?"

Jinse quickly moved away. Wen Wan was the main wife. She couldn't anger her. But... there weren't any other empty seats. Did she have to stand?

Her teary eyes looked at Marquis Moyu, but Ning Yuxuan was focused on eating with his lowered head, so he didn't see her. Ji Man and the two honored concubines were also silent, but Wen Wan raised her head, glanced at her, and said to Mu Shuiqing, "You're heavier than before. You can go back to your room first and eat your dinner. You don't need to stay here to serve."

It was only now that Jinse noticed that there was a standing woman dressed as vibrantly as her. Mu Shuiqing was wearing a cotton-padded dress and a sleeveless blue vest. Her face looked somewhat pale and she was carefully protecting the slight curve to her belly. Even a blind person could tell what her posture meant.