fifteen | wedding festivities |

Start from the beginning

Coming?

You bet. (:

Pari wore a sky-blue coloured palazzo pant with the same coloured long kurta embroidered with and printed with gold foils. She adorned a same colour dupatta but it was printed beautiful and intricate with floral patterns. Both the pants and the dupatta were bordered with gold zari. She paired them up with some old danglers for her ears, leaving her neck bare. She left my hair loose in soft curls and putting on the least of makeup, painted her lips red with kohl lined eyes.

Pari was sitting in the back row, several people had gathered for the puja that was in process when she saw Siddharth coming in with Harpreet. They were conversing about something when she saw him looking around the room as if trying to look for somebody, which Pari later understood was her, as he came and sat next to her where the pooja rituals were being held. He sat down quietly and exchanged a smile.

"I need to talk to you." He said with a sense of urgency in his voice which Pari felt to notice. She put her index finger on his lips, asking him to be quiet for the time being as the puja was going on. Both Pari and Siddharth had felt the electricity running through their body when their skins touched but both being unable to act on it just looking intently at one another.

"We'll talk later." Pari whispered in his ear her hot breath fanning the crook of his neck. Even though Siddharth didn't seem satisfied with the answer he obliged not wanting to pressurise her. But after the puja before Pari could get a chance to talk to Siddharth she was called to distribute the sweets among the guest and by the time she was done she couldn't see Siddharth anywhere, on inquiring from Harpreet she found out that he had already left. Pari was a little saddened by Siddharth's sudden disappearance but she had more things at hand to take care of.

.

The Sangeet ceremony was in an hour, Pari had just finished practising her performance with Aparshakti over the video call, when she tried calling Siddharth several times hoping to ask what he had wanted to talk about but to her disappointment he never picked up the call and Pari decided to get a hold of him in the function and ask him there itself.

Pari got dressed in a coral pink coloured designer lehenga, the bottom of the lehenga was adorned with intricate embroidery and patchwork with a gorgeous shimmery finish, looking almost like a gown from those princess movies. The blouse was stitched with sequins, glittering and it came with a similar shimmery flimsy dupatta which was translucent. Pari paired her dress with a diamond and ruby necklace and similar earrings. Her hair was parted at the left, the left section of the hair tucked in behind her ears. Her makeup was the same as usual except she had applied some eyeshadow too along with the kohl giving it a smoky look.

Who do you want to impress?" Aparshakti asked entering my apartment, they had decided he would pick her up and then they would head out together.

"Your brother." Pari said sticking her tongue out while they exited her apartment.

Pari turned around to take one look at Siddharth's apartment but there were no signs of activity. Soon they were surrounded by hundreds of people who had come to attend the Sangeet ceremony. A night filled with dancing, singing, drinks and good food. Pari was by Soni when she spotted Siddharth with Jacqueline in his arm, making their way to where Varun, Alia, Aditya and Ayushmann were drinks in their hands gossiping away. They were now joined by Siddharth and Jacqueline and Pari couldn't stop looking at them lost in her thoughts.

"You look prettier." Aparshakti said breaking Pari's thoughts who faintly smiled at him

"Let's go it's time for our performance." Pari informed Aparshakti, holding him by his hand and dragging him behind the stage. They had decided to perform on a total of four songs, three of which would be with other people and the last one would be just the two of them. It was finally time for them to go on stage, when Pari became nervous but Aparshakti assured her everything was going to be fine.