Chapter 61: The culprit can't be found

Start from the beginning

Ji Man nodded. Seeing Marquis Moyu turning around and leaving, she finally figured things out.

The most likely probability was that the crown prince had wanted to silently get rid of her and hadn't thought of the possibility that he might fail. However, even if she guessed that the crown prince was behind this, she didn't have any evidence that would prove he was guilty. She was a member of Nie Clan and Marquis Moyu didn't wholeheartedly believe her. And so, there was no use in telling Ning Yuxan what happened last night.

It seemed that it would be quite difficult if she wanted to continue living. Ji Man let out a wry laugh. After drinking the bowl of medicine, she peacefully lied down and went to sleep

---

Other than Nie Qingyun, Ning Mingjie didn't tell anyone else about the matter of Nie Sangyu falling into the water.

There was no one on this boat that would have a reason to dislike Nie Sangyu. Her magnanimous and proper conduct during this entire journey had completely shattered people's previous impression of her. In addition, she hadn't complained about anything. When there was hard work to do, she was willing to do it. And so, everyone's impression of her had significantly improved.

However, Ning Mingjie felt there was only two people that truly wished her well: Errong and Nie Qingyun.

As for Ning Yuxuan, he felt it was already surprising that his cousin hadn't gotten rid of her.

When Nie Qingyun found out about this matter, he was silent for a while. His following action was to go look for Marquis Moyu.

Ning Mingjie hastily stopped by saying, "Talking to him won't be helpful."

With a faint smile as he held up a broken piece of jade, he said, "Someone had secretly burned sleeping incense in everyone's room last night. But, someone had also placed the antidote in my room and Nie Sangyu's room. I truly admire that person's careful efforts, but I don't know who that person was. Although that person had casually used jade to strike my door, this one had only found this one piece."

For a person to throw jade at a door, the person was probably in a rush and also wasn't concerned about money. Nie Qingyun took the jade from Ning Mingjie's hand. It was an ordinary piece of jade. And, since it was shattered, he couldn't tell the original decorative design. Everyone on this boat was from rich families and would be able to afford breaking a piece of jade.

Nie Qingyun frowned while thinking. "Could it have been Yuxuan?"

Ning Mingjie paused. As he stroked the jade, he said, "It probably wasn't him. If it was him, why would he act so superfluously?"

That was true. If Ning Yuxuan knew that someone wanted to harm Sangyu, he could just directly save her. Why would he leave it someone else? Nie Qingyun shook his head and sighed. Sangyu had suffered so badly and couldn't let the marquis settle this injustice for her. She must be feeling so badly right now. He should hurry and go see her.

Errong watched over Sangyu while she slept. Today, they would disembark in Qin Province during lunchtime. Marquis Moyu hadn't sent anyone to call Sangyu over and had only ordered Gancao and Dengxin to deliver food.

Gancao rubbed her head as she placed the dishes down on the table. She quietly mumbled, "Did I have a nightmare last night? I had a huge bump on my head when I woke up."

Because Nie Sangyu was sick, Dengxin originally had an anxious expression. But, hearing these words, she couldn't resist turning around and laughing. "You were definitely sleepwalking. Otherwise, how could you have ended up in our master's bed?"

Gancao hurriedly waved her hands. Looking at the nearby Ning Errong, she whispered, "Young Miss, please don't tell my master about this. This servant was deeply asleep last night and shouldn't have sleepwalked, ah. But, when this servant woke up today, this servant was in my master's bed and my master had gone to your room."