Chapter 28: Until the Door Opens (Jaime's Side)

Începe de la început

“You must be disappointed that I was here instead of Princess. That’s why you’ve been silent. You didn’t want to talk to me. You’re mad at me.” He tells me.

That’s when I know that I couldn’t hold it in anymore.

Yes folks, I laugh. I laugh so loud that the driver stares at me like I am some crazy person.

“I was just sleepy.” I reason out. I add a fake yawn so that it would be more effective.

From then on, I always try not to run out of topics. I talk and talk to Mikee… because I am not mad at him.

Finally, we arrive at the condo unit.

I search for the light switch. When I pressed to button, the true beauty of the place is revealed to us. The furniture is unused, retaining the newly-bought feeling in each of them. Everything is clean that soiling the floor with our footwear seems illegal.

Mikee and I find a spot to practice. I immediately fix up the speakers.

We dance for about an hour before I finally whip up some snacks.

Since I am no master chef, all I manage to make are sandwiches. I just place cheese spread all over then it is ready to serve.

I really hope for more Mikee-Jaime moments like these. It makes me feel like the world is just for the two of us. It gives my heart a sense of happiness. Mikee is not just my crush. He’s reachable. I am even right beside him. Maybe in the near future, if I continue to wish for him, he might be – mine.

My positive thoughts are interrupted by the ring of Mikee’s phone.

He stand up and begins walking a few steps away.

“Bianca?” I hear him say.

Right there and then, my heart sinks. I don’t quite understand why but it did. It reminds me of the true reason why Mikee was here – just to teach me.

With Bianca in the picture, everything seems different.

It’s like I can’t joke around with Mikee anymore. I can’t – It’s like I’m not allowed to like him anymore.

I head for the kitchen, hoping not to hear anymore of their conversation.

After a while, Mikee calls me.

“I have to go.” He says in a more serious tone. He looks like a changed person.

I fake a smile and wave goodbye.

As Mikee steps farther and farther away from me, my heart is loaded with – pain or maybe sadness. He is going now though I really want him to stay, perhaps forever.

This moment will be one of those that I will treat as magical while he will only remember it as ordinary.

He grabs the door knob, twisting it three times.

“It’s locked.” Mikee tells me, shifting his gaze back to me.

I don’t know whether I should feel relieved or not. I just stare back at him.

I space out for ten seconds because the next thing I know was that Mikee’s face is inches away from mine. I back away in shock. I also scream a little in the process.

Seeing how desperate Mikee is to leave, I call my parents. Unfortunately, the door just broke days ago. If closed, it will only open from the outside. The problem is, no one else is around today.

Mikee and I sit idly by the couch. We wait and wait.

Mikee looks very worried.

I don’t want to pry so I don’t ask. But that doesn’t mean that I’m not itching to know. What happened to Mikee? What did Bianca say?

I gather all my courage to ask him.

“Are you mad at me?” I ask, returning the question he asked me earlier.

Before he could even respond, I continue talking.

“I didn’t mean for us to be locked here. I really didn’t know.” I tell him.

He covers my lips and then speaks.

“No. I’m not angry. I just needed to go. Bianca told me that she’s hungry.” He says while chuckling half-heartedly. “And I owe her some donuts.” He adds.

I laugh at what he said. I am not that jealous thought I felt a little of it.

I’ll just enjoy the here and now… until that door opens.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Optional: Real life tidbit

Jaime has her senti moments. Awwww. I'm so glad she's happy now. :)))

Kaya sa kuya ni Jaime, WAG NA WAG MO SYANG PAIIYAKIN!