A - REPORT

A - Report (Edited)

Kota was focused on the small female beside him, even though he looked out across the vast ocean.

When he had first heard about her, and the part she played in Brandon's injury – he like his brothers had been furious and concerned for their friend. Brandon was a vital part to the Toma family and to see such a strong male gravely injured was indescribable.

Then when Sir Blackbourne had tasked him with finding out more about the part she played in her family's atrocious crimes, he had almost been tempted to refuse. Kota had been disgruntled with the idea of talking to her, and every instinct screamed at him to decline the task.

But as family lead, it was his duty to take tasks that others couldn't.

And with that in mind, he had agreed.

So, imagine his surprise when he found himself in the prisoners' quarters, hearing a female's terrified screams. All concerns about the task ahead flew from his mind as he sprinted towards the noise.

The sight of the small, blonde female rocking on her cot had been the furthest image from his mind. Kota had frozen in shock when he first caught a glimpse of her deeply saddened green eyes. Her eyes were tones of the forest, encircled by rings of copper. It was the kind of earthy green that renews the forest after a cold, cruel winter.

It was the despair and pain hidden within their beautiful depths that called to something inside of him, and he has been a slave to the urge.

But his shock and concern deepened upon the realisation that this was the female Sir Blackbourne had told him about.

How could such a desolate and delicate creature be guilty of the crimes that shackled her to their ships prison?

Kota knew in that moment that something wasn't right, and he would be sure to figure it out before they destroyed something that couldn't be fixed.

But first, he had to get her to trust him, so he could gain the truth from her pouty pink lips. Blushing at the thought, Kota had stepped forward and asked if she was okay. The first word to leave her mouth had once more frozen him to his spot.

Her voice was just as delicate and alluring as the rest of her, even scared and hesitant as it were. Kota had found himself distracted by the way the sun hit the golden strands of her long hair, alighting her with a glow so radiant that his breath had caught.

To draw himself from the embarrassing tightening of his pants, he had recited the words of Sir Blackbourne, before hastily making his departure – sure he had been incorrect in his assumption that this female was the one Sir Blackbourne spoke of.

Knowing Healer Green had visited her, he made his way towards the males quarters, and found him huddled over a pile of parchment, his shaggy hair is disarray as if he had run his hands through the strands too many times.

"Healer Green." He greeted as he stepped inside and took a seat beside the male, who lifted his head as he dropped beside him.

"What's wrong Kota, is everyone okay?" Healer Green looked tired, the dark rings under his eyes standing out against his pale and drawn face.

"Everyone is well, though I am concerned about you. Have you been getting enough rest?" He chuckled dryly as he ran a hand down his face, which deepened Kota's concern for him.

"Rest comes hard nowadays Kota, but I will try and take a short nap later. Now, what has put that worried look in your eyes?" Sighing, Kota dropped his face into his hands, unsure how to broach his feelings of the female locked away in the cells.