Chapter 20

The candle burns not for us, but for all those whom we failed to rescue from prison, who were shot on the way to prison, who were tortured, who were kidnapped, who 'disappeared'. That's what the candle is for. ----Peter Benenson

It was now the day of the baby shower where all the servants were scattered around the castle and garden back and forth with Stella telling every servant where to place all the flowers and food. There was even a big table for the guests to place the gifts.

Diana was in her room getting ready with the help of her maids. Diana wore a long, spaghetti-strapped light blue dress with a white floral pattern. Her hair is put up in a long, curled high ponytail with a braid around the top it. The straightened bangs are slightly brushed to the right, with several loose curled strands hanging on each side. For shoes a pair of sandy blueish-white, thick-soled flip-flops. Last but not least two light blue flowers with a light green leaves hair clip.

"You beautiful my queen." One of the maids told Diana as she bowed in respect to her queen.

Diana blushed saying thank you to the maid as she did another look in the mirror to see herself in the full-length mirror. At this point, Diana never thought her life would come to this. Becoming the mate to the dragon king. Making new friends along the way and now caring for the first dragon wolf hybrid. Even now the growth rate for this soon to be child makes Diana's belly looks like she is 7 months pregnant. This growing to her baby did freak her out, but Stella and the royal doctor told her that this was normal for those who would birth a mixed race.

Diana had heard of a story of a she-wolf who is mated to a merman and as expected their child was half wolf and half merfolk. There was even talk of a girl named Melody who is a mermaid and she is mated to Darren the beta of the Midnight Rain Pack. It was told they are expecting a child soon. Diana then remembered that the alpha of the Midnight Rain Pack Sean Bellaire is also expecting his first child with his mate Serenity who she had met not too long ago.

"My queen, the king requests for you to meet him out in the garden with his family. Many of the guests have started to arrive."

Diana thanked the maid before leaving room to meet up with her mate. Once she got there, she noticed how well dressed Adrain looked. His midnight-black hair combed nicely back. His black-tie suite looking dashing as ever.

"Our mate is just perfect," Bell said purring with delight.

Diana blushed agreeing with Bell making her way over with Adrain wrapping an arm around her waist.

"You look stunning my little rose."

"Why thank you. You don't look too bad yourself."

Adrain smirked. "I may not be reading your mind but the look on your face and eyes can tell me you were undressing me."

It was at this moment Diana blushed fifty shades of red. Adrain's parents smiling at them both. Adrain leads Diana out to meet with many of the guests. Diana looked around to see any sign of her family, but no trace of them was found. She had begun to wonder if they would ever show up. Adrain could feel his mate's emotions and knew she was saddened. Diana truly wanted her family to be here. The rest of the day went on with Diana meeting many alphas and lunas. Other members of the royal family.

What shocked Diana was the presents that overfilled the table in which the servants had to bring two more big tables to the presents that didn't keep falling to the ground. Owen and Melody were talking with some friends.