Chapter 17

"We were meant to explore this earth like children do, unhindered by fear, propelled by curiosity and a sense of discovery. Allow yourself to see the world through new eyes and know there are amazing adventures here for you." Laurel Bleadon Maffei

https://www.gofundme.com/f/qrekw-for-my-family -- Hi everyone. Sorry its been long since my last update, but I've been going through some tough times. I made a Gofundme because my family is struggling to keep our home. If you can please and only if you can donate or share my Gofundme. I could really use the help. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diana sat in the library reading one of her favorite books is Maximum Ride from her favorite author James Patterson. She truly loved his books and her favorite character is Max. Max is Diana's favorite character because of how brave and strong-willed she is. The love she has for her family is something she wished she had with her own. Though now with her mate and new friend Diana sees she has that now. After about an hour of reading, she looked at her watch seeing that Adrain will be back from his meeting in another two hours. Diana didn't want to go with him to that meeting because she was not feeling too well at the time.

With two hours to kill, Diana decided to explore the castle to familiar herself so that she wouldn't get lost. Exploring was one of Diana's favorite things to do. When she was just a young pup, she would explore the woods hoping to find hidden treasures. Most of the time she would get scolded by her father for being out too late.

Diana's eyes drifted forward as she walked through the halls. With every moment they grew wider with amazement, taking in all of the grand ornamental decorations. The dangling lights, the vintage tapestries, and the elegant statues. She walks over slowly to one the stood a little distance from the rest. It stood out to her as it was a small visage of a bird sitting in a young girl's hand. She smiled softly, running a gentle hand along the bird's wing.

As Diana explores more coming across a hidden path. Diana gets closer she can notice a mysterious door. Becoming more curious about what could be behind that door.

She opens the door and noticed it was a room, a room with a sense of feeling unused in years. Diana burst into a fit of coughs, trying to clear the air with her hands. With the room lightly dark she squinted in the dull light of the room. Diana noticed a torch and lights it to see the room clearer.

Her mouth fell a little, seeing the tall shelves filled with dusty old books, the windows letting in very dim light. Diana notices a portrait hanging loosely and goes to fix it when she sees something behind it. Taking the portrait down she finds a safe intact to the wall. Seeing that the safe is cracked open she finds an old looking letter dating back to the 19th century. Opening the letter up Diana's eyes grew wide in shock. This letter contained information about the fox demi-gods and a personal letter from one talking to the first dragon king.

"I have to show Adrain this now!"

Diana rushed out of the hidden room running down the halls passing by some of the servants when she crashed into Owen falling to the floor hard on her butt.

"...Ow."

Owen extended his hand out to her.

"Are you alright there? I'm so sorry."

Diana laughed taking his hand getting up. "I'm alright. No need to be sorry. I really should have been watching where I was going."

"Why rush my queen?" Owen asked.

"I need to find Adrain. It's really important."

"If you're looking for him, then best you head to your room. The king is sick from overworking and is resting now. He caught a cold."

My poor mate! Diana shouted loud in her head.

"Thanks for telling me. I'll see you soon."

With that Diana rushed to her bedroom bursting through the doors seeing Adrain resting in bed with paperwork still in his hands.

"Adrian...You need to rest. Not work." Diana said taking the papers from him placing them on the desk.

Diana had to make him stayed in bed. He was too stubborn for his very own good.

Seeing him like this filled her heart because even how he is now, he's still perfect and adorable.

"Diana," his voice was hoarse. Diana walked over to him and sat down, caressing his cheek with her thumb lightly, "Yes my love?"

Adrian smiled and leaned to my touch, his eyes fluttering closed as he breathed slowly, "Can I have some soup please?"

"Yes, of course, my love." Diana kissed his forehead before standing and leaving the bedroom to the kitchen. Normally Adrian would probably have someone of his staff make him soup or something to eat, but that wasn't her. She wanted to make something for him. It's more meaningful and special that way. If not, even make him feel a bit better.

Diana walked back into the bedroom quietly, in case her lover was asleep, with a tray in hand with Adrian's soup covered up to keep warm. Adrian was laying on his side, eyes closed and breathing softly in his sleep. Diana smiled, placing the tray down on the small table nearby so she didn't wake him. Adrian shifted in his sleep, rolling over and opened his eyes slowly before closing them again and dozed off for a bit longer. Diana giggled to herself, kneeling beside his bedside and caressed his cheek, "Adrian, honey, your soup is ready. I made it so I hope it's good."

He stirred awake, stretching a bit and opening his eyes smiling at her tired. "Thank you, my little rose, that means a lot."

Diana grabbed the tray and took the covering off before walking over and gently placing it on his lap.

"Feed me?" Diana blushed light as she watched her mate sit up and relax against the headboard of the bed. She smiled grabbing the bowl and the spoon full of soup, "Of course!"

After feeding Adrain his soup he fell right back to sleep. Diana changed into her pajamas and placed the letter she hand found on the desk next to his paperwork and headed straight into the bed with Adian since the day had tired her out.

"We should tell him in the morning," Bell said.

"Your right. Night Bell." Diana leaned close and kissed Adrian's cheek. "Night my love. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day."