Chapter 3

Dressing up is like therapy; I feel better in myself when I've made an effort. --Paloma Faith

Once you're comfortable with the way that you're dressing, you express yourself a lot more, and you're just able to have a lot more fun. --Khalid

Diana's P.O.V.

With another day soon to come to a close, I left my room, humming as my feet hit the pavement. It wasn't far to the store but far enough that I brought my headphones to listen to some music as I walked. I admired the trees and the bushes that lined the side of the road. As I approached the shop, I gazed with soft wonder through the windows. I sure hoped these were within my budget. With a heavy sigh, I walk over to the door, pushing it open as I step instead

This morning before leaving the pack house all the girl in the pack was going crazy finding what dresses they should wear or how good they can apply their make-up. The sight was like World War 3 the battle for the right dress. My dear sister had the nerve to come into my room and say she's borrowing the only dress that I have that I really liked. The dress was a beautiful whitish blue sweetheart neckline dress with several ruffled laced layers at the bottom. Blue gemstones the line down the dress making it look like fallen stars. It was the dress I wanted to wear, but sadly it won't be. I looked around the store to find any dress that I would like only to come out disappointed in the end. All the dresses I looked at were all the same and nothing really special. Most of the dresses on display were too short, too long and not the best color or design. Why is it so hard to find a good dress?

"Surely there must be one dress you like?" Bell asked me. I knew Bell wants me to look my best for our mate if we are to find him at the dinner party, but this is ridiculous! This is the only story that's around my budget. If mom and dad paid me well enough as they do with Amora I would not be having this problem!

"Hello there. Is there anything I can help with?" An old lady asked me who looked to be in her 6o's. She must work here or owns the shop.

"Just regular girl problems. Never easy finding the right dress for a dinner party."

"If it's just a dinner party then my dear you have no need to stress about. I have the perfect dress that would look lavishing on you."

"What dress?"

"Follow me to the back."

Curious to what the women were going to show me I followed her to the back with a room filled with dresses. Some of the dresses looked really cute. The women turn to me holding a simple but elegant looking dress. A beautiful short and flowy red wine dress with short sleeves. Nothing special about the dress yet to me it was perfect.

"I like this dress. How much?"

"You can have it for free my dear."

"Free? I'm sorry but I can't take this dress for free. It wouldn't feel right."

"Take it. I've had this dress out on display for many months but no one would buy it. So, I might as well give it to you. So, take this dress and have a great time at this dinner party.

"Thank you so much."

I left the shop feeling rather excited about tonight's dinner. Something inside me was telling me that something big will happen. My mind shifted to what the dragon king is like. I have heard rumors that he's even more handsome than the alpha king. I wonder who would be the lucky girl to be his queen? I bet it would be someone with real beauty and leadership to lead the kingdom of the dragons. Dragons are the most powerful of all magical beings. There is another rumor that dragons also have powers unlike any witch or wizard has. Maybe tonight I can find out.

Before I knew it, the sun was setting. Dear god I really lost track of the time! I have to hurry!

I rushed back home running into my room to take a fast shower and change into my dress while I could hear other girls screaming to get done. By the time alpha calls everyone down to leave I slip on my flats because heels are my feet's greatest enemy. I curse upon the person who invented the heels.

"Is everyone ready!?" Alpha's voice boomed loudly for every pack member to hear.

I checked myself once more making sure I looked all right. My hair was let down with a long braid on one side. I looked pretty and simple. Nothing special was added like the other girls I watched getting into the pack's van. My sister looked like she was a princess finally meeting her prince. I felt a sharp pain deep within my heart. I really am nothing compared to her. I shouldn't get my hopes up with this dinner. The feeling of knowing I could end up alone brings me great sorrow. Some of the girls looked at me and I knew what they were thinking "Is she really wearing something so plain?" At least my face doesn't look like a clown! So much make-up it's scary. One girl looked like she wasn't wearing a dress! It was too sexual showing too much of her chest and legs. If she falls everyone will see a horrifying image worse than the Texas Chainsaw Massacre kill moments! I mean, props to her for having the courage to wear a dress like that and feel no fear, but I feel that dress would do much better for a party or club and not a fancy ball. I mean she looks great, but like I've been thinking it's best for a different occasion. 

The ride to the castle was loud and annoying and very tight with some of us smooshed together shoulders digging into shoulders. I looked out the window admiring the magnificent view before me. The front gate entrance was made of pure gold shining in the moonlight. Looking up I could see some dragons flying above. The beauty and elegance of these dragons took my breath away. What does the king's dragon look like?

"I just know the dragon king will see me as his rightful mate!" Amora exclaims excitedly for everyone to hear. But I know for a fact she was making sure I hear it since we are sitting next to each other. Might I add she put on way too much perfume? The van parked letting everyone get out. A very old gentleman who was standing next to a large open door that was the front door smiled warmly.

"Ladies please follow me to the ballroom were our king awaits."

I took a deep breath following the man who seemed to be the butler from the looks of it to the ballroom. Everywhere I looked I was amazing at the fine detail of every artwork on the walls. This castle is so big I know I would get lost even if I had a map with me! Suddenly I started to feel very nervous as we got closer to the ballroom. The closer I got I could smell the most beautiful scent of rose and pine. It was so calming to me till my scent was replaced with Amora's perfume killing me! Damn girl, I should wash you down.

"Diana you should stay out of the way. I'm sure the dragon king wishes not to see such a plain girl like you when he can look at me."

Holding back my growl I turn away when all the girls start forming a crowd when the royal beta arrives with others by his side. No longer in the mood to meet with them I leave making my way out into what looked like a rose garden with a fountain in the center. I look at my reflection in the water only to sigh in sadness. She's right. I really am just a plain girl that no one would be attracted to me. Knowing it's best to head back since it would be rude to miss out in seeing the dragon king, I get up only to be interrupted by the sexiest voice I have ever heard.

"Was the rose garden to your liking?"

I turn around so fast with my eyes meeting beautiful light brown eyes that held power more than my alpha.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

That wraps up chapter 3! Get ready for chapter 4!

Don't forget to :

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE!

WITH LOVE : LITTLECHO107