Chapter 19

Ok damn, this chapter is long! Keep in mind it does have more cursing than other chapters, but it was so fun to make :D

How are we getting so beat up by a bunch of low-tiers? Is it their teamwork? The conflict in our group that's making it so easy for them to beat us?

"This is revenge...for what you get for altering that girl's memory." The leader of the group snarled, "She is our Queen, and now, her memory is fractured. How can she be our symbol in this state? We have a person who is good...let's say, with his tools. We hacked our way into your system, and figured out everything! He even created that tool that killed your two friends...either that...or made them live the rest of their lives in absolute misery. Isn't that interesting? My dear Queen? "

Retching onto the stone floor, fat tears cascaded down my face. Elaine! Seraphina! There was nothing I could do...Arlo had made sure of that. My memory. It was him. My head exploded into shattered bits and I collapsed on the ground. It hurt like hell. What a horrible migraine. The after-effects, I assumed. What happened? What the fuck happened? What did he force me to forget?

"FUCK OFF!" I screamed, "I'LL NEVER GO WITH YOU, YOU SICK BASTARDS, AFTER WHAT YOU DID TO MY FRIENDS!"

"Why are they so weak? Aren't high-tiers supposed to be strong? Especially those guys, Arlo and John. My friends here tell me stories..." The two low-tiers next to me talked quietly. I drowned out the rest. 

Arlo...we have to regroup somehow...

I glanced at him right before John punched him in the face.

"YOU BASTARD! WHAT ABOUT OUR DEAL? HUH? YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" He screamed, "YOU SAID YOU WOULD KEEP SERA OUT OF THIS! LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO HER!"

"HOW WOULD I KNOW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN?" Arlo roared. "Remi! Don't move!"

"Let us go," The leader of the low-tier group stared at me coldly, "I see we're not wanted here. You high-tiers always think you're better, but remember this: we'll always be the underdog, but we overpower you in brains and teamwork. See this? Two of the same members of your group fighting? How so uncooperative. We would never do this. I think you would be smarter, Lightning Queen Remi. I thought by the show of our strength, you would come. But, I see not. Come, let us go, we have no purpose anymore, no matter how much I want to see the two of them battle it out. We came to get the Queen, and she refuses; I will not force her, I am not that cruel." One of them snapped their fingers, and several ladders slid down.

As they descended, I viciously wanted them to be frightened by Elaine and Seraphina's broken bodies. I wished with all my heart they would just drop dead on the floor. How dare they...HOW DARE THEY! Those little bastards, I would kill them myself! 

You're their self-proclaimed queen. The little voice in my head whispered. Now, wouldn't that be interesting to watch? A queen murdering her subjects. After all, this really is all your fault they even got involved.

I ignored it as I focused on the task at hand. Arlo and John had begun to fight for real; John's ability had come back and he was fueled up by this hatred and rage, and Arlo had no choice but to counter his ferocious attacks.

"IDIOT! SHOULDN'T YOU BE ATTACKING THE ONE WHO INJURED YOUR DEAR SERAPHINA?"

"YOU'RE LOWER THAN SCUM ARLO! I HATE PEOPLE WHO BREAK PROMISES MORE THAN ANYONE! KILLING THEM WOULD GIVE ME NO PLEASURE! YOU...HOWEVER!"

Stop! Please stop! No! A voice screamed in my head. Are they stupid? Hot-headed bastards. The first priority is to retrieve Elaine and Seraphina and help them recover before it's too late!