Chapter 12

"That asshole!" Remi snarled, slamming a book against the wall of her room. "STUPID ASSLO!"

Seraphina watched amusingly as Elaine attempted to calm Remi down by patting her arm only to have a front seat to Remi's long, and very loud rant.

"Please calm down!" Elaine cried, desperately flailing her arms.

Remi took a deep breath, inhaling through her nose slowly, "Okay. "

"You said this would be a girls' night, right?" Seraphina arched an eyebrow.

Realization dawned onto Remi, and she pumped a fist in the air. "Right! Forget about Arlo, today is for us! Ooh, what should we start with? Hmmm, I don't know, nail art, baking, karaoke-"

"Let's first wash up," Seraphina suggested. "We're all sweaty and such, can we use your shower, Remi?"

"Oh, yeah sure." She blushed, "Guess I got a little ahead of myself."

Seraphina nodded at Elaine, and the blunette gave her a timid nod before stepping into the bathroom, leaving Seraphina and Remi alone.

"Sorry, I was a little harsh with you earlier," Remi sighed, "My emotions are just all over the place."

"That's understandable." Seraphina nodded. "Blyke was one of your best friends, it must have been so painful."

"But Blyke was your friend too. You and Elaine must've felt some of the sadness I did."

"..."

"I just can't help but feel so guilty," Remi whispered, back laying on her bed, "I'm so dumb, I never realized he, he liked me in a different way." She couldn't bring herself to say that forbidden L word.

"I know how you feel, " Seraphina patted her shoulder, "It's not all your fault. "

"So you're saying Blyke should've told me sooner, that it's his fault that he wished for my own happiness, and didn't want to change our relationship, that he harbored his feelings so Arlo and I could be happy. Are you saying that?"

"No, no." Seraphina soothed, "It's the driver's fault, Arlo's fault, and all our faults. I know you must feel horrible like I did, but snap out of it. You have to, or you'll feel awful forever. Don't put the blame on yourself solely."

Remi bit her lip and sighed, "I know, I know. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. The emotions in me are just..."

"Messed up." A new voice said, her hair still damp from her shower. "You're under lots of emotional stress, Remi. I can tell with my ability."

Remi sweatdropped, "That's nice Elaine. I guess it's my turn now."

Elaine changed the topic, casually chirping about some new friends she had made, and how powerful their abilities were. Seraphina chimed in once in a while to make a small remark, ridding the room of any awkward tension.

Before they knew it, night had unfurled, and the girls decided to call it a night. 

Remi rolled around in her bed, sighing. Seraphina and Elaine both lay down in their sleeping bags fast asleep.

She checked the time.

3:42 AM

Remi groaned as she realized she would have to get up at 7 for school. Tossing back and forth, she flipped her pillow over to the cool side as she buried her head into it, muffling any external noises. Memories of the day kept on replaying like some kind of a torture device; all she wanted to do was sleep! Why couldn't her brain just give her this much?

SLEEP.

It seemed like an impossible task. PLEASE, INVISIBLE GODMOTHER, GRANT ME WHAT ELAINE AND SERAPHINA HAVE SO EASILY ACHIEVED.