Chp.14 The Promise

"If there was another life, what would you be like?"

Crafts' question hung in the air like a viper ready to bite. What would they be like? "Where did you get that idea, Crafts?" Crimson said, trying to brighten up the mood. Which didn't really work, an awkward silence filled the air, none of them knowing what to do.

"W- well..." Origin surprisingly started, what happened to the same shy workaholic they all know and love? "I- If there was another life, I guess my name would be Classic..." Crimson turned to look at the smaller questionably. "Classic? Why Classic?"

Origin frantically tried to explain that it wasn't such a bad name, as everyone laughed in the background. The eerie mood from earlier is surprisingly gone. "Classic, is kind of a play on words y'know?" Origin continued on, hoping to explain without interruptions.

"Y'see, my name is Origin, which is short for the beginning, or the Original. It makes sense since my kingdom was originally the only kingdom in this land." Everyone stared at Origin in silence, making him very uncomfortable.

"Man, I know you're into this stuff. But, do you really have to put that much effort into a name?" Azure asked tiredly, everyone just laughed as Origin stuttered trying to put words together to answer his question. "Okay, if your Classic, than I'm Fell."

Everyone was surprised at the fact that Crimson would answer the question. "I'm gonna be Ink!" Tint exclaimed, startling the taller ones, they really ought to get used to that. "Dream." Hope said simply, not really caring what name he got. "Um, why dream?" Azure asked as Hope just shrugged.

" 'Hopes' and 'Dreams' " he said as if that was the dumbest question he has ever heard. Everyone was just dumbfounded on how simple and plain the explanation on how he got the name was.

"Hmm, I don't know what to name myself..." Shadow said as put a finger on his chin, deep in thought. "Nightmare." Hope said, yet again choosing 'what's best' for his brother. "W- what?! Why?"
Hope turned to his twin and stared deeply into his eyes as Shadow nervously tried to look away, and failed.

"Your my other half, my life won't be complete without my little
'Nightmare'..." He said staring into Shadow's amethyst eyes as shadow's face started heating up a purple tint.

Azure quietly coughed and muttered "Incest" as Hope turned to him and simply said "But, of course..." resulting in Shadow blushing up a storm of embarrassment. "Dust..." hokori said quietly as Azure held onto him tightly, as if never wanting to let go

Hokori, Murder, Stitch, and Scare were the only ones in the group who weren't royalty. Shadow and them are known as the 'Village thieves', Shadow hated being cooped up in the castle so he and his group of friends would raid the rich merchants in the market to give to the poor who needed it more than they do.

His friends started to go next in this game of "If". "Killer." Murder went, "Cross." Stitch said as Murder snorted in laughter.                 
"Pft- Cross-stitch?" Was Murder's last words as he was chased down the path of cherry blossoms by Stitch.

The others decided to continue their game. "Blue" Azure said second to the last of the line. "Horror." Scare said finally. "What about you Crafts?" Everyone turned his way as he smiled at them brightly.

"Error..." Crafts didn't know why, but it felt like that's what he would be called that no matter if he chose something different, he somehow knew he wouldn't have any choice in the matter. "Okay, now that we have our names, what would your personality be like?" Crafts said to break the calm silence.

"I kinda wish to be... a little bit more laid back, I wish to not always be so hardworking. I want to be lazy, someone who can see beyond looks and not just judge others by their actions, find the reasons behind it, y'know?" Origin said as everyone cheered him on to be someone he strives to be, more than just a prince.

"I want to be someone who can get angry freely, y'know? As a prince, you have to put your feelings and emotions aside. After doing it for so long, I can't yell or show people how I truly feel because I'm the obedient prince. I'm not chopped liver..." Crimson said gloomily as Origin silently hugged the taller from behind with a blue tinge across his face.

"I want to be innocent, someone who's not exposed to the horrors of the world early on... someone caring enough to help the enemy
And probably learn something new. But I would obviously find out about the truth of the world, and I'd like to have this personality back once I found out." Azure said surprising everyone in the group as Hokori cuddled up to azure hoping it would help make him feel better, which worked of course.

"I wanna be strong! I want to be able to protect myself without having to depend on others for help, I know it's a foolish wish. But I want to be worth something in a different life...-" Shadow said as he was suddenly cut off by Hope.

"And you are. You can be strong in the next life, but in this? I'm gonna protect you, and no one will harm you ever again, understand?" Hope asked as Shadow agreed silently as he felt heat creep on to his cheeks.

"As for me, I want to be more optimistic, innocent but aware of the dangers of the world. Someone who is kind, and actually takes his job seriously. I want to be determined to do what I think is right, even if my own judgement may blind me... I also will still be Shadow's twin in the next life. I'll remain dominant." Hope said as shadow weakly punched him on the shoulder as he was a flustered mess.

"And I-" Tint tried to start as Stitch and Murder came back running from the path they ran to. "Guys! You need to see this!!!" They all turned to each other questioningly and decided to follow them back down the path they never explored before, with an upset Tint and hidden Syn in the background, following the others.

But what they saw shocked them to the core, for it was-

____________________________________________________________________

A cliffhanger~! Yeah, I remembered about tis bookie!

Challenge; Okay, I have a challenge for all you artist's, and this is going to be in my other book's too.

I want you guys to draw a scene from one of these chapters. If you do, I'll add your pictures into that specific chapter you guys drew! ^v^

Put the drawings in a book, and I'll expertly get them through "magic"(and some downloading) and add the in the chapters
^v^

BIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-