Chapter 33: The savior arrives in time

Beginne am Anfang

These words had the slight meaning of implicating Wen Wan. Marquis Moyu's expression immediately sunk and his peach blossom eyes were filled with fury. He coldly harrumphed, "Who doesn't know that you have a poisonous heart? Not only did you plot to murder my heir, now you're also trying to harm Wen Wan by placing the blame on her?"

Ji Man also sneered. "My lord, you're heart is already slanted to one side and you won't listen to anyone's explanation. Why are you bothering with asking Sangyu this question? Just directly lock me in the confinement courtyard."

"Audacious!" Ning Yuxuan was truly angered. His eyes were sharp enough to be swords that wanted to stab through her while she was still alive. "Nie Sangyu, are you relying on your identity as a member of Nie Clan to increasingly disregard other people? Right now, you're a concubine. And you dare to talk back to me like this?"

Ji Man was also overcome with anger. She was innocent and had been wrongly accused. Who wouldn't be angry? And yet, this scumbag had the insistent attitude of protecting the female lead and disregarding everyone else's opinion. It made her fume with rage.

The female lead's life was important. It couldn't be that the supporting female character's life was worth nothing!

Wen Wan hurriedly came forward to act as the mediator. "My lord, please calm down. Sangyu, be mindful and pay attention to propriety when you're speaking. Don't anger the marquis. If you're really confined again, your days won't be good."

Ji Man inwardly sneered, but she returned to showing an obedient expression on her face. There wouldn't be any good result to directly facing off with Marquis Moyu. The female lead had given her a way out. It would be a waste to not use it.

Ning Yuxuan didn't know why he was behaving this way. When Nie Sangyu had acted improperly and angered him in the past, he would never outwardly express his anger in this manner. At the most, he would show her a cold face and ignore her. But Nie Sangyu's current indifferent attitude of having nothing to lose always provoked his anger and made him want to choke her to death.

After he calmed himself down, he said, "You've always been narrow-minded and unable to tolerate other people. Right now, there are so many witnesses. Even if you want to argue, it'll be difficult for you to avoid being punished. You had the sinister intention of trying to murder my heir. In consideration for the fact that you've been part of this household for several years..."

"You also know that Sangyu has been in this household for several years?" A furious voice came from the courtyard's entrance. Everyone in the courtyard was startled. Wen Wan hurriedly turned her head and saw Ning Errong supporting old madame as they entered Feiyu Courtyard.

Everyone was shocked. They looked at the Marquis Moyu's cousin, who was beaming. In their minds, they hatefully thought, why did she have to bring old madame here at this point in time?

"Mother." Ning Yuxuan retracted part of his anger, saluted, and said, "Your son is currently questioning about the matter of Qing-er falling into the water yesterday."

"This is what you call questioning?" Old madame looked at him sternly and said, "I clearly only heard you convicting Sangyu. Sangyu, do you accept this?"

Ji Man felt that the original novel's vicious mother-in-law was truly too lovely. She almost wanted to cry in gratitude. She hurriedly responded to old madame's words by yelling out, "I don't!"

Her life had finally improved and they wanted to drive her back to her original state? No way!

Old madame glanced at Sangyu to indicate for her to keep calm and to not get excited. Then, she immediately asked, "Xuan-er, how were you questioning earlier? Show me."