Chapter 19: The honorable pestilence god is here

Start from the beginning

But, as soon as he entered the room, Wen Wan's expression didn't look good anymore. "My lord, why did you return?"

"Sangyu fell into the water and couldn't serve me. She agreed for me to come back." Ning Yuxuan said with a slight smile.

Wen Wan's forehead furrowed even more, "How did she fall into water?"

"She and Qing-er were at the pond in the garden this afternoon. I'm not sure what happened either." Marquis Moyu said, "Perhaps, it was because Qing-er had an impulsive moment."

Wen Wan pushed away his hand and said in a quiet voice, "My lord, Old Madame will be coming back the day after tomorrow. It won't be good if you keep staying over here with me."

Ning Yuxuan's smile dimmed. "You're still going to drive me away?"

Wen Wan bit her lip. "My lord, you wouldn't want Old Madame to dislike me, right? We already agreed that during the next two days..."

Ning Yuxuan's smile completely disappeared and he took his hand back. He stared at Wen Wan for a long time before finally saying, "I understand."

After saying those two words, he turned around and left Qiangwei Courtyard.

Wen Wan blankly looked at his departing back figure. She bit her lip as her eyes started to redden. "Tanxiang, am I acting insensibly? He loves me so much..."

Tanxiang stood by her side and said with a sigh, "Master's demeanor is how a main wife should act. There wasn't anything wrong with what you did. Once the marquis understands this, he'll only like you more."

There wasn't a woman that could truly be willing to give her man to another woman. Wen Wan's heart felt bad. She sat by her dressing table and couldn't choke back her sobs.

---

Just as Ji Man decided to have a good night's sleep, she saw Ning Yuxuan coming back with an unhappy and gloomy expression on his face. He was radiating an aura of "don't you dare provoke me". After coming inside, he went straight to her bed and sat down.

Ji Man swallowed her saliva and decided to not ask any questions. She didn't have any strange fondness of rushing forward to become someone's punching bag. Even without asking, she knew that the Holy Mother, Wen Wan, must have spurned him.

"Muxu, go ask Steward Qian for a quilt and pillow and prepare the cushioned couch for the marquis to use."

Muxu nodded. She lifted her skirt and withdrew from the room.

Marquis Moyu slightly raised his eyebrows. "How do you know that I'm going to sleep here?"

"This servant doesn't know anything." Ji Man hurriedly shook her head. "But, it's late. It'll be tiring for the marquis to take another walk. Just put up with sleeping here for a night."

"You're being surprisingly considerate." Ning Yuxuan suddenly smiled and looked at her with a curious gaze.

Ji Man closed her eyes and pretended to sleep.

Marquis Moyu had the day off on the next day. Instead of leaving to go somewhere else, he stayed in Feiwan Courtyard to read books. Ji Man had originally planned to invite Miss Shui over to discuss the store's pertinent matters. However, she didn't dare to do anything with this great Buddha sitting here.

Various varieties of wild roses were quickly brought over and planted in her courtyard until the place was full of these pink and white flowers.

Ji Man was recovering from her cold and couldn't go outside. As she looked at those flowers through the window, she felt a burst of joy. Next time, she would be able to make wild rose cold cream. These raw materials were entirely free. Other than these free flowers, the other ingredients cost five silver coins per large box. Each large box sold for ten silver taels. She would be able to earn a crazy amount of money.