27

I've kept my father in my life because he's my father. But now I'm not so sure that's a good enough reason. If he upsets Mani or Chris with his big fucking mouth, like he does with my mother, Carrick and Lauren, he wont see them. I guess we'll see how their first meeting goes.

Now, I don't want to get lawyers involved with this- I'm sure Normani and I can figure something out on our own.

I know Chris is mine, it's obvious, and Mani isn't the type of girl to take me to the cleaners. If she was, I would've found out about Chris a lot sooner. I have proof that Normani tried to get in touch with me while she was pregnant, and then nothing. She didn't go to a lawyer for help in taking me to court for support, like many other women would have done. Chris isn't Manis meal ticket, as my father suggested, he is Our Son.

And that is what has my next phone call going to Gia instead of my lawyers.

"Gia speaking."

"Gia, it's Dinah."

"Oh, hey, Dinah ! I was just at your place earlier this morning and I'm working on a full layout now. I should have everything ready soon."

"Great." I roll my eyes. I'll need to talk to Tia about that. I told her no major changes without my approval and now I'm finding out she has a full layout planned. "I have another project for you. I'd like one of the bedrooms in my apartment decorated for a little boy. I'll give you more details as soon as I can, but I want ideas as soon as tomorrow morning. I'll have Taylor schedule a meeting."

"Wow, another bedroom added on? That's awesome-"

"No, you can ignore all that Tia has you doing and focus solely on this project."