19

"And I want to be introduced as his Mama ." She requests. "Saying I'm your friend, or some shit like that is stupid and would only confuse him when it's known I'm him mama."

"I understand. I wouldn't say you were anything but who you are."

We stand in an awkward silence now, neither knowing what to say. And I notice we look like night and day; I'm wearing jeans, a T-shirt and casual flats, she dressed in a custom made designer suit.

"I really did try to get ahold of you." I tell her.

"I know."

"You did?" Why didn't she agree to a meeting then?

"I didn't know until today," She explains. "I'm a busy gal and my assistants usually take care of my schedule. Non-important, or those they see as non-important, get pushed back when I have to reschedule things."

That's true, Justine told me it took her months to finally get that interview with her. She had a cold that day, too, but wouldn't reschedule because she was afraid it would be pushed back even further than it already was.

As if to prove her point, of how busy she is, her phone goes off.

"Fuck."

"It's okay," I tell her. "take it."

"I have an important meeting I'm late for." She says, thumbs flying away at the screen of her phone. "I can't cancel this one but I'm rescheduling the rest of my day. Meet me at my apartment tonight at, say six o'clock. Is that time good for you?"

"Yeah, sure, that's fine." I take the card she hands me, with her personal cell number on it and a hand written address, along with a few other numbers; an elevator and parking garage code

"We'll talk financial support, visitations and shit then. My lawyers will probably want a paternity test before everything is legal, so we'll have to set that up."