8

Hey, Mani , what's up?"

"Ethan! Oh, my gosh. I was.. We were.. These two women... I don't know, they saw Chris and... I don't know."

"What? Manz , slow down. What happened to Chris ?"

"Nothing. I ran. But I don't know them, I don't know what they wanted or what they were thinking. But they asked if I knew her."

"Knew who? Mani, you're not making sense, babe."

"We were eating lunch." I try to slow down and explain what happened. "These two women were looking at Christopher. I ran and they chased after me."

"What?! Where are you?! Where's Chris?!"

"We're fine. We're home. But, Ethan, they asked if I knew her."

"Her? Her, who?"

"Dinah !"

"Dinah?"

"Oh, my god, Ethan, I told you about this." I know I'm freaking out and not being clear, but I told him the story about how Chris was conceived as a one night stand. And after Justine did the interview and article on Dinah Jane .

"Dinah ." I say again, stressing her name and who she is. "Dinah, Dinah . As in, Dinah Hansen , Chris's father! They asked if I knew her and I told them no, but they asked! They could see that he looked like her, or something, I don't know. But we have to go, we have to leave. Where are we going to go? I don't know what to do."

"You're not going to go anywhere, Mani ." Ethan's voice hardens. "Don't worry about it, they were only assuming, they have no proof. So what, a little Boy looks like someone . And so what that guy happens to be his father. You've been trying to get ahold of her for months, and every one of your attempts went unanswered. For all we know, she knew you were trying to get in touch with her and she ignored you. Maybe she knows and wants nothing to do with Chris. We don't know. Mani if these women cause a problem... we'll deal with it. Together."