Chapter 9

"So I guess we need to talk." I said.

"Yeah I guess." He replied.

There was a few minutes of silence,during which I recalled the events that happened during the last half an hour and it all sinks in,so that is when I burst......

"I can't believe they would do that!We are in the twenty first century for god's sake!!! I am just.....I clench my hands into fists and shut my eyes trying to find words for expressing my feelings.

" Shocked?Confused? Sad?Angry?Frustrated? Still not believing this is happening? "

I opened my eyes to see Kayton offering me words to express it.

"Yeah all of that" I sighed.

"Not in my wildest dreams did I guess that we were coming here for this .Kayton said sitting down on the bed.

" Neither did I."

"Oh god,what will our siblings say?"

"Worse than that ,I am sure the people in my school will recognise me now." I worried.

"Why?didn't they recognise you already?" He asked confused.

I shook my head."Some of them had their suspicions, but since I am not that famous-"

"Not that famous!!!Didn't you read today's newspaper?" He exclaimed cutting me off.

"I was in a jet for six hours and was immediately asked to come to the parlor so I would say no." I replied.

"Wait a moment" he said and took out his phone typing something.

He then showed it to me.It was the front pages of various newspapers with a picked of me and the title "The Best Princess in the World".Apparently the press asked people from all over the world to vote on different categories like most beautiful, most elegant,kindest,people's favorite princess etc and I am on top of all those lists .Yay so much for not being famous .Note the sarcasm.

" Oh god,don't they have something else to do other than this?" I asked placing my bead in my hands.

"I don't think so ." He replied.

"They only did it for princesses?" I asked.

"No,they did it for princes too ." He said

"So who is the best prince in the world ?" I asked quoting the newspapers.

He sighed."Me"

"Awesome" I said sarcastically. "Now when we get married we will be the best couple in the world."

"I can't even think about it." He said.

"So I guess we will have to do it since there is no way out of it." I said sitting beside him.

"Yeah."

"Come on ,let's break the news to our siblings. And let me warn you Kayton, you will have a good threatening from Adrian,because he is one of those over protective big brothers.He will be more ferocious this time because you are marrying me not taking me out for a date."

His face paled a bit at my words.

"Oh my god ! Even though he is my best friend he will still beat me up if it is for you." He exclaimed.

I patted his shoulder ."We can't hide this forever,besides you are not alone in this ,I am pretty sure Everly will squeal my ears off when she learns about this."I said hoping it would comfort him.

" You are right."

"Let's do this." I said standing up and offering him my arm.He took it and stood up.Together we went out of the room to meet our siblings.

____________________________________________

Author's note:-Hello lovelies.I hope you enjoyed it and I will try to update it as soon as I can.Don't forget to vote,share and comment.
Love you all
TeenageBuddy2728