The Queens hatred

Hawks eyes were cold and dangerous, as his gaze followed the Queen around the room. He remained silent and aloof, hiding his fear well, not wanting Prilla to know that she had the upper hand and use his fear as a weapon against him.

He had a family now to think about and keep safe, it wasn't just him anymore. When he was single he threw caution to the wind, but everything changed ever since he fell in love with Nessa, and she birthed him a child.

"Darling, I missed you this morning." Prilla told her husband, as she walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. Drawing him close to her, she kissed him on his lips.

Hawk's heart turned stone cold as the King reluctantly wrapped his arms around her, and kissed her back. He didn't miss the coldness in Kalen's eye's that lasted for only a brief split second, before the King smiled at his wife lovingly and bent to kiss her. Kalen was a wise man, and Hawk could not believe why it took so long for his friend to figure out the Queens true feelings and motives.

Oh she was a clever one, but in all due time, Hawk was going to expose her for who she truly was. The King and Hawk go back thousands of years, when they were but young lads. Kalen was a Prince then, and had vowed to Hawk that once he became King he would take Hawk as his second in command, and he kept his word. For Kalen loved Hawk like a brother.

Hawks loyalty to his friend remained firm and unwavering, even after he married the woman that Hawk thought himself in love with.

He didn't blame Kalen for taking her for his wife, she was the most beautiful fairy in all the land, and he was crazy in love with her. Hawk never told Kalen or anyone else that he was sleeping with her, or that he fancied himself in love with her at the time. Prilla begged him to keep it a secret and fool that he was, he did as he was told. Looking back now, he understood Prilla's motives. She loved Hawk in her own way, but she loved being a Queen even more.

Hawk took an inhalation of breath, and glanced at his friend. Their eyes met and locked from across the room. There was a knowing look in the Kings eyes, and Hawk felt sorry for him. His wife was a whore, who went around seducing every man she was hung up on, and ridiculing the Kings honor. He hated her with a passion, and he vowed to himself to take her down, before his friend fell helpless to her wickedness.

"Papa," Violet screamed with excitement, running up to her father and wrapping her arms around his legs. "I love Fay land! Can I stay here! Please papa, this is where I belong, this castle was built for me and it will be mine one day anyhow...."

The color drained from Hawks face as she mouthed those innocent words, and he stopped her before she revealed anything more in front of Prilla. "We will talk about our visit later Violet." He told her, throwing her a deadly look that Violet new all too well from the last conversation she had had with her father. Pulling away from him, Violet walked silently to the love chair that was in the middle of the room , and sat on it.

Prilla who had whirled around and narrowed her cold eyes on the child when she heard the brats words, stood silently and analyzed what the child had said. Why hadn't anyone taken a spanking to her arse, she wondered. Clearly the brat had crossed the line, and if her father did not punish her, then she would take matters into her own hands. Who did she think she was claiming such nonsense!

Marching up to the child, she looked coldly down at her and said, "Since when do children speak without permission, and talk gibberish at that? I have a mind to punish you for your choice of words young lady!" The Queen spat.

Violets eyes narrowed, her pupils turned dark with hatred. Jumping off the couch before Hawk could stop her, she placed her hands on her hips and sneered, "I do not need your permission to talk! When your Queen days are over, I will squash you like a bug!"