Don't leave me

Hawk saw the pain in her eyes, and his heart bled. The Fay blamed himself for everything, he was selfish, putting his needs above her feelings, and now she is suffering because of him. He pulled her into his strong and possessive arms, and held on to her, never wanting to let her go. Her tears fell against his muscled chest, and burned his skin with guilt. He was guilty of committing a crime against an innocent bystander.

"What have I done!" Hawk whispered hoarsely. "This is madness!"

Pulling her away from him, he tried to gather his wits, and disappear from her life, so she could live it in peace, without him interfering in it, and tearing her apart like this.

"I'm sorry I hurt you Nessa, that was not my intention. I am leaving you, and will not come back. Go on with your life and be happy." He said, and almost choked on his words.

"No Hawk, don't leave me!" She cried, and threw herself back into his arms. "I do not want to live without you. You don't have to love me, just stay, please!"

Pain speared in his heart when he heard her desperate words. He grabbed her by the shoulders, and looked into her pleading eyes. He knew at this moment what he had to do, he must leave her, and never come back. He must clean his slate of her memories from his mind. He must! Or he will end up hurting her. Turning his heart to stone, he prepared himself to deliver words of poison, so she will hate him. If she hated him, then she would forget him faster, he thought, and mayhap he could fix the damage he has done to her.

"Stop acting like a pathetic harlot, throwing yourself at me has turned me off." He told her, and watched as pain filled her violet eyes, and his heart twisted, "You are nothing but a human! I am Fay, and desire woman who are worthy of me, I made a mistake coming here, you are not my equal!" He told her, and the dagger cut deep into his heart.

Hawk saw the change immediately after he said the hurtful words. Their was uncertainty in her eyes, as if she did not believe what she heard, and hoped against hope that she misheard his words. He quickly thought of more poison words to throw at her, convincing himself that it was for her own good.

"I'm sorry Nessa," he said, and pushed her away from him, "please, I have to go now."

Nessa looked up at him, as devastation claimed her, and she could not speak.

When he looked down into her pain filled, violet eyes, his heart shattered in a million pieces. He did everything he could to keep it together. It was for her own good, he kept telling himself.

He threw her one last look before he disappeared, and ended up on a huge, grey mountain top, where he howled out loud, letting go of all the pain and suffering, that he was harboring in his heart. Dropping to his knees, Hawk beat his muscled chest with his fists, and cried his heart out.

Nessa walked back to her bed, and climbed on it, and as she lay her head on her pillow, depression settled in her heart, and she almost died from grief.

Thank you for your votes and comments. Xoxxoxxoxoxxo