Myth or real?

Kyra scrubbed herself clean, and then rinsed herself, enjoying the warm water that danced on her skin. She was troubled with many thoughts, and as she picked up the bath towel and dried herself, she knew that she had to go back to the forest one more time, just to read the words that were written on the stone.

Buttoning her polka dotted, pink pajamas, Kyra made the final decision to go back, if only to take a few pictures with her cell phone to show her friends back home. Slipping onto the queen sized bed, Kyra pulled the light blanket over her body, and closed her eyes, the image of the warriors shaft plagued her, and her lips curved into a smile, as she drifted into deep sleep.

The suns rays filtered through the silk curtains, and splashed across the room, spreading it's sunshine, and Kyra fluttered her eyes open, but it took her a few seconds to realize where she was. She looked over at the alarm clock and when she realized that it was already ten o' clock, she quickly jumped out of bed, walked to the bathroom to brush her teeth and comb her hair, and get ready to leave. Today was going to be a very busy day for her.

Ten minutes later, she was walking the streets of Edinburg, checking out the beautiful boutiques, and enjoying the wonderful weather. This country was beautiful, she thought with a smile, as she spent the better part of her morning touring the city.

One of her favorite things about this European country, was the little cafés that were practically on every street corner. They were jam packed with people, enjoying the weather, as they sat outside drinking their coffee with their family and friends. No one was in a rush to get anywhere, one found time and smelled the roses here in this beautiful enchanted city.

Kyra saw a huge sign across the street that read "Internet cafe" and she decided to go there and have a cup of coffee and Facebook her friends. She crossed the street and walked inside the cafe, ordered a cup of coffee, and asked if she could use one of the computers.

"There is a small fee to use the computer miss." The young red haired man, with the sparkling green eyes told her.

"Sure, no problem, I'll be needing one please." She said, and gave him a twenty dollar bill.

"You're American miss, aren't you!" He said excitedly, checking out the bill, "only Americans say please and thank you!" He said, and handed her back her change.

"Here, let me type in the password so you can use the computer, and when you are done please sign off, my boss yells at me when he finds the machines turned on, and no one is using them." Kyra liked him, he seemed pleasant enough, and she threw him a smile.

The red haired, young man sighed, and walked back to the counter to take care of the next customer, and Kyra turned her attention back to the computer, and without realizing it, she typed the words, "The myths of Edinburgh castle."

In seconds, the screen popped up with over two thousand different sites, and Kyra got started right away. By the time the young man brought her her coffee, she had plenty of information.

"What's your name miss?" He asked, flashing her a smile and showing off his dimples.

"Kyra, what's yours?" She asked.

"My name is Edward. But you can call me Ed if you like." He told her.

"I like Edward better, if you don't mind." She told him, and turned her attention back to the screen. She needed to get the information, and go quickly to the castle, she did not want a repeat of yesterday's episode again.

There was much too much information to choose from, and she took her time reading the sites she thought would benefit her the most. It seems that the myth has existed for a long time, and there are many people who believe that it is not a myth at all, and that the Prince would come to life if his rightful soulmate repeated the Druid vows three times in front of the statue. One articles also says that hundreds of thousands of girls have recited the vows hoping to bring the prince back to life, but nothing ever happened, therefore it proved that it was just a myth and nothing more.

Kyra felt stupid for even thinking for a second that he was real. He was just a rock! A big stupid piece of rock! Signing off, Kyra was disappointed, because deep down inside her, she was hoping for the myth to have some truth to it.

She lifted herself off the chair, waved goodbye to Edward, and walked out into the sunshine. She took an inhalation of fresh air, and walked across the street. Kyra decided that she still wanted to go back and visit the warrior, some reason she felt a magnetic pull in that direction, and was confused as to why.

Reaching the castle grounds, Kyra waited in the huge line to buy her ticket, and overheard a few girls who were standing in front of her say that they were here to recite the vows, Kyra rolled her eyes and wanted to laugh in their face at their innocence, but decided to mind her own business and keep to herself.

When she reached the booth and paid for her ticket, the lady placed a red colored paper bracelet around her wrists for entrance to the many different sites she wanted to see, and then she walked through the gate, and headed straight for the forest.

Ahead of her, Kyra saw the bald headed security guard that she had talked to yesterday, and ignored him as she walked past him. The man turned and eyed her suspiciously, but quickly turned his attention back to the line of people by the entrance way that were moving on a steady pace.

Kyra found her way back to the statue, and watched as hundreds of young girls were waiting in line to recite the Druid vows. So pathetic, she thought, and shook her head, until she realized that she too was here for the same reason.

I will love thee, till the day I die,

My bloodied hand with yours I'll tie,

And mix my blood with thee today,

And bind myself with thee this way,

And for my husband thee I'll take,

A loving wife for thee I'll make,

And thee shall love me and not hate,

For I will be your true soulmate.

The vows were beautiful, Kyra thought, and without realizing it, her lips mouthed the words as tears glided down her angelic face. She felt the power of the words, deep in her heart, and cried softly, for there was a yearning in her heart that she could not explain.

***********

Just to let all of you know, I hit the hot list today, reaching number thirty on the charts, from thousands of book, and my goal is to reach top ten. Please help me reach my goal by voting for me, and I will forever be grateful to each and everyone of you. Thank you kindly. Xoxoxoxo xoxoxoxo