Marriage and Marriage proposals.

Wow!! An epilogue... Can't believe I'm finishing my first novel. 21 chapters!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you enjoy.

3 years later...

It was a nice sunny day. It contained all the essential requirements. The birds chirping, the sun shining, cool breeze blowing. But perhaps it was too chilly. Keira watched Peter lovingly drape shawl on his new bride, Sharon's shoulder, before taking her to their first dance. 

They had married in the town church 1 hour ago and the reception was held of big lawn in front of McKinley house. Sharon had no idea how Keira had convinced Gerald to let 50 people 'stampede' upon his precious grass. Yeah, just 50 people. Even though the Walkers had a big friend circle, they had decided to keep it small. Even though Gerald unwillingly agreed to keep reception on his lawn, he had done a splendid job for it. Small lighting and satin-lace crepe were adorning house and all near by trees. Gerald had hired a famous band from the city and it was doing a splendid job. 

Peter was holding Sharon as near as possible, to protect her from cold. Watching them, Keira realized she was pretty chilly too. Her curve hugging, faint golden, maid of honour dress wasn't much of a protection.

"Didn't they arrange a coat to go with your dress?" A deep voice said beside her, "I could see your goosebumps from across the dance floor."

Keira smiled inwardly but hugged her arms tightly and said, "Amazing. You can work on sarcasm side though."

"I wasn't joking," Gerald scowled and held a coat in front of her. Keira resignedly looked at him. They were dating for three years now and still she couldn't get used to his ruggedly handsome face. She realized he had taken off his coat and was offering it to her.

But seeing that she made no move to take it, he sighed and draped it on her himself and rubbed her arms until he felt them warm enough. "Better?"

Keira flashed a smile and said, "Shouldn't have bothered. I have this to keep me warm." She raised, what would be her 3rd wine glass. Gerald chuckled and stood besides her. 

"They look nice together," he commented on the dancing pair.

Keira once again looked at them. Sharon indeed looked stunning in her white gown and bridal glow. Peter too looked positively angelic, looking like the happiest man in the world.

The wine started to take effect and suddenly Keira's eyes watered.

"They look so happy."

Gerald nodded, looking at his little sister.

"You know, I never imagined Sharon would get married before me. So young..."

Gerald calmly replied, "Sharon's 30, Keira. She's not that young."

And Keira effused angrily, "So you're saying I'm old at 31?"

Gerald realized his blunder. And after 3 years of dating her, he should've known. Age was a slightly (!) topic for Keira. Especially while studying for interior designing course with the other young students, Keira felt old among them. She had insisted on not celebrating her birthday for past two years.

"No, no. I was just-" he tried to recover.

But Keira interrupted him, "Ahhh, whom am I kidding? I am old. And a spinster."

"Umm, hello, your boyfriend of three years here," Gerald waved his hand in front of her, feeling very childish, saying the word boyfriend. But she paid no attention. Wine had increased her misery three-fold. Seriously, wine and over-imaginative Keira was a destructive combination.