Passenger

Last chapter!! (smiles and sobs...)

Sharon and Keira had a long chat that night. But somewhere near midnight, Gerald knocked and made them go to sleep. But in whatever time they chatted, Sharon told her about what really happened when they went missing. They truly had an adventurous trip, but one which no one would like to go on again. And Sharon asked Keira whether she knew if Peter liked her before.

"I don't know," Keira scrunched her nose, trying to remember, "Peter was pretty curious about you in high school, but that was it. Why?"

"Oh Keira, you have no idea. Peter says he had always liked me. But he never told me in high school, because he always feared that he wasn't right for me. You know, he was a notorious playboy in high school, right? Well, when I heard him say it first, I thought it was ridiculous. I mean, who would've refused Peter Walker, right? But now that I think of it, I would've refused him out of shyness and unwillingness to come in limelight.

Anyways, you might not have known as you left soon after graduation, but Peter changed. He studied for the architecture and joined his family business. And since then, he had only concentrated on his firm. You know it really had flourished since he'd taken over it. His social life was almost zero. And he is now known as a respectable man. I myself have worked for him for 3 years and never saw the old, playboy Peter."

Keira didn't where she was going with it. She just continued to nod.

"And you know, one night few days ago, we were lying on the floor of the Marcus's shack. We were hungry as hell and we had nothing but few berries to eat. But that night, Keira, that might be the most wonderful night of my life. That night Peter confessed to me! You know he told me that he changed his ways for me. He wanted to be a man 'worthy' of me. Oh Keira, this still seems like a dream..."

"He changed for you? Peter? I knew he was a good guy despite his ways but I never thought he'd go this far," Keira said. She continued in a lighter tone, "Do you know what this means? That he is your soul-mate!!! I never thought I'd get to witness a perfect love story!!" Keira got up and swirled around herself. Sharon laughed and pulled her down.

"Enough about me, Ms. Artist. Don't you see that Gerald has changed considerably for you too?"

Keira's face grew serious and she was suddenly saved by the knock on the door. Gerald had knocked, seeing that the light was still on. He promptly scolded both to get a night's rest and left. 

~'~'~'~'~'~'~

Gerald had kept his car in a garage near to airport. He had refused to go in a taxi. He wasn't much fond of public transport services. On seeing his so 'farsightedness', Sharon chuckled, Peter rose his eyebrows and whispered something in Sharon's ear that made her laugh even louder, Judith barely looked up from her mobile and Keira rolled her eyes. They all got in and drove in almost silence. Except for a few times when Peter inquired after the firm and Judith asked Sharon her further plans. 

They soon reached their town and they dropped Peter and Judith on their street. Peter's house was really old but beautiful and sturdy, built by his grandfather. It had become a little out of date and stood out against all other modern houses on the street. But the Walker Residence was undoubtedly the most beautiful house on the street. Peter himself lived rarely there. He had his own big apartment in the town, very near his firm. But now, Judith had demanded him to live there with her for few days and he had agreed.

A short, sweet goodbye of Peter and Sharon followed and they soon were on the way to their house outside of the town. And Keira grew noticeably uncomfortable. Sharon was too busy looking out of window and thinking about Peter. But Gerald noticed. She was constantly looking down in her phone. She was texting somebody. Suddenly Gerald felt a stupid pang of jealousy. Was she bothered over some guy for last two days? That would explain her behaviour but he wasn't ready to take that as an explanation. And it was ridiculous.