We both seem to be giddy and high off of each other. I love this. When I move to grab my robe she steps in front of me.

"Have you at least thought about living with me?" She asks.

"You just asked me yesterday, I can only make one life altering decision a day." I laugh.

"I want to sign the paperwork soon, I have got to get out of that damned frat house." She rubs her temples.

"You could just get it on your own?" I suggest again.

"I want it to be ours."

"Why?"

"Because I want to spend as much time with you as I can. Why are you so hesitant? Is it the money, I would pay everything of course."

"No you wouldn't." I scoff. "If I was to agree to this I would contribute, I am not looking for a free ride." I cant believe we are actually discussing this.

"Then what is it?'

"I don't know.. we haven't known each other that long. I had always thought I wouldn't live with anyone else until I was married." I explain. That's not the only reason, my mother is a huge reason along with the fear of having to rely on someone else. Even Max.

"Married? That's an ancient idea you have there Charli." She chuckles and sits down in the chair.

"What's wrong with marriage?" I ask. "Not between us. Just in general." I add.

"Nothing wrong with it, it's just not for me." She shrugs.

This discussion has taken too serious of a turn. I don't want to speak about marriage with Max, but it does bother me that she says marriage isn't for her. I haven't ever thought about actually marrying her, it is way too early for that. Years too early but I would like the option to be there eventually and she basically just said she never plans to get married. I don't want to be married until I am at least twenty five and then have at least two children. I have my whole future planned. Had. My subconscious reminds me. I had everything planned until I met Max and now my plans are constantly changing and shifting.

"That bothers you doesn't it?" She asks. I am convinced that Max and I making love has tied an invisible string between us tying together our bodies and minds.

"No." I try to hide the emotion in my voice but it comes out heavy. "I have never heard anyone say they don't want to get married. I thought that's what everyone wants that is the central point of life right?"

"Not exactly, I think people just want to be happy. Think of Catherine, look what marriage brought her and Heathcliff." I love that we speak the same narrative language. There is no one else that would speak in this way to me, the way that I understand the best.

"They didn't marry each other that was the problem." I laugh. I think back to the time when there had been so many parrels between my relationship with Max and Catherine's with Heathcliff.

"Rochester and Jane?" She suggests. Max's mention of Jane Eyre pleasantly surprises me.

"You're joking right? He was cold and withholding. He also proposed to Jane without telling her that he was already married to that madwoman he had locked in the attic. You aren't making very many valid points here." I point out.

"I know, I just love hearing you ramble about literary heroes." She brushes the hair off her forehead and in a childish moment, I stick my tongue out at her.

"So what you are saying is that you want to marry me? I can promise you that I have no bat crazy wife hidden in my house." She takes a step towards me. I know there is no wife, but it's the other things she hides that worries me.

"What? No, of course not. I was just speaking in terms of all marriage. Not us specifically." My heart is beating out of my chest as she closes the gap between us. I am naked and talking to Max about marriage, what the hell is happening in my life?

"So you're saying you wouldn't?"

"No, I wouldn't. Well I don't know, why are we even discussing this?" I hide my face in her chest and feel it shake with laughter.

"I was just wondering. But now that you've presented me with a valid argument I may have to reconsider my no marriage stance. You could make an honest man out of me" She looks serious but here is no way she is. Right? Just as I begin to question her sanity, she laughs and kisses my temple.

"Can we talk about something else?" I groan. Losing my virginity and talking about marriage is way too much for my mushy brain.

"Sure. But I am not dropping the apartment thing, you have until tomorrow to give me an answer. I won't wait forever." He says.

"How sweet." I roll my eyes and she stands up to hug me.

"You know me, Mr. Romantic." She says and kisses my forehead. "Now, lets get a shower. You standing here naked makes me want to throw you on the bed and fuck you again."

I shake my head and pull out of her embrace before wrapping my robe around my body.

"Are you coming or what?" I say and grab my toiletry bag.

"I would love to come, but I guess a shower will have to do for now." She winks and I swat her arm as we walk into the hall.