<3>

Silently I stalked over to my window, I pushed open the frame and balanced delicately on the windowsill. The trees beckoned with their thick branches to me, almost imperceptibly calling my name. Dancing in whispers on the wind.
I took a deep breath and leapt onto the closest branch. With that I hopped from tree to tree in order to get to my destination, the dining hall.
The dwarves stuck out like a sore thumb in the grandeur of such a place. I saw Gandalf seated at the high table with a dark haired dwarf and my Unc- Father. My father.
I shook my head to dispel the thoughts and ignore the simmering emotion of what could possibly become rage in the pit of my stomach.
The rest of the party sat at a table, picking at the vegetables with disdain. They all looked like a merry bunch despite their complaining. They were all so different and unique yet they blended and worked together so well.
My eyes scanned over them all once more and I gasped as blue eyes pierced my own. I stood up sharply, my back pressing to the trunk of the tree. I waited in the position for a good few minutes before allowing myself to breathe again. The blonde had turned his attention back to the dark haired young man at his side once more but he had a vaguely thoughtful expression on his face and he didn't seem to be awfully engaging in the conversation. Unlike the other dwarves (particularly the one who appeared to be the leader) the blonde didn't seem disgusted by my prying rather intrigued instead. Curious even.
I sat with my back resting against the trunk and listened to their complaints, their jokes and the laughter that emitted from them all.
Eventually, I decided that I'd had enough adventuring for one evening and headed back to my chambers.

*.           *.           *. 

Loud laughter interrupted my rest. The sound was rather close to my quarters so once more that night I slipped out of and danced towards the source of light. A roaring fire was lit and the dwarves surrounded it, cooking meat and even attempting to perhaps light the lettuce on fire? One of the dwarves chucked a sausage to a rather portly looking dwarf who already had a large plate laden with food and the added weight was enough to tip the poor bench over the edge and it collapsed beneath him into a pile of firewood.
I couldn't help the snicker that escaped my lips and I ducked down in fright in case one of them might have heard me. Carefully I peered over the branch, though the leaves. They all seemed unaware and carried on chattering merrily. However the blond dwarf was looking around curiously at the trees surrounding them. I shrunk back into my hiding space behind the trunk before he could see me. Again.
Suddenly the hobbit arrived, a backpack sling over his shoulders.
"Thorin told me to gather you all. We must be at the gate in no less than five minutes. Hurry!"
I gasped quietly. They were leaving. On a mysterious quest that Lord Elrond was keen for me not to discover. It had to do with them being hunted by an Orc pack however though so it should be interesting.
As I raced back to my chambers my eyes fell upon the dress my maid had laid out for me for tomorrow. It was way more extravagant than usual. I suddenly remembered my father's words. Legolas. The engagement.
I couldn't stay here.
Racing to my wardrobe I flung open the doors and grabbed a satchel, I filled it with a spare cloak and clothing items, making sure that the clothes I wore now were suitable. Luckily I still had my riding gear on from when I went to hunt the Orcs previously. I fled down the stairs and past the healing storerooms, I grabbed a couple vials that I thought might be useful and a few herbs before heading to the armoury where I grabbed my daggers, arrows and my trusty bow, slinging it over my shoulder.
The dwarves were just leaving as I started off behind them.
I had learnt the names of the company through listening to their campfire chat and the leader, Thorin had a rather strong dislike for elves. Despite only being half elf I doubt he would appreciate my company who thought me proving myself first. 
I looked over my shoulder, casting one last glance at Rivendell. My father would have heard of the disappearance of the dwarves by now. And probably me also. I doubt he'd be happy. 'All the more reason to look ahead' I decided as I continued jumping up the steps silently.