"But-"

"No." My tone is final.

"Please." Puppy dog eyes. I'm a sucker for that cute little snubbed nose and those goddamn disproportionately large eyes. He knows how to break me.

"Arrrgh..."

Ciel's eyes light up.

"Yay, thank you!"

I dig the spoon back into the Nutella and dole out a scoop of the luscious creamy chocolate. Ciel closes his eyes and opens his mouth wide. His hand settles on mine as I feed him. One nibble at a time, he slowly but steadily finishes his second spoonful and then licks it clean.

Within an hour, I regret my 'decision' sorely.

We're lying on the bed watching TV, or at least, I'm trying to. Ciel is Nutella-drunk and being a squirmy kitty tonight, shifting, turning, stretching, tossing, getting up, lying back down, pulling the covers up, throwing them off, clambering on top of me, pushing me away, wanting to be underneath me then on top of me, slapping his hands all over me, basically humping me, wrapped around me like a starfish, shimmying on top of me on his back - until I finally threaten to remove sugar from his diet completely.

Actually, he's more like a mouse on crack

Actually, he's more like a mouse on crack. Tiny, jumpy and squeaky. And darting all over the place.

Then he crashes. He just lays perfectly still, strung out on top of me, in a Nutella coma.

I don't know how long Ciel has been gnawing absently on my nipple through my shirt with his pouty lips by the time I finally notice.

"You're a very silly boy, Ciel." I chuckle. "And obviously very bored."

I check the time and decide to shut the TV off.

"I don't want to sleep," he says sleepily. He nuzzles his face into my chest and closes his eyes.

"You have to."

"Why," he challenges sullenly.

"Because Daddy said so. Because you need to for your own good."

Ciel takes my face in both hands and brings his eyes really close to mine.

"No."

I try really hard to suppress a grin, but it breaks out on my face anyway. He used to not even talk, and now he screeches and growls like a confident chihuahua. I'm going to have to scour Google for parenting articles like Why is my baby screeching at me?

"How am I supposed to say no to you? How am I supposed to, huh, baby boy? Tell me. What am I gonna do with you, darling?"

I'm fucked. A baby kitten playing with its own paw isn't as cute to me as Ciel is.