Chapter 12 ~ Wings of fury

Beginne am Anfang

Ciana growled, letting her magic stop burning and blowing as she made a fist of her hand. 'What now?'

 Aelin breathed in, and out. She had clearly irritated her mother, and if she was being honest, she'd be irritated with herself as well. Her mom had been training her, every single night. And the past week, she'd been distracted, made dumb mistakes. 'Sit,' her mother said, and Ciana flopped on the ground.

 Her eyes scanned  the clear night sky, feeling a bit closer than normal, now that she was sitting on the roof. Her mom placed herself next to her, sighing once more. 'Ciana, you have a big, fiercely loving heart, which is beautiful, yet difficult. It means you care about everything and everyone. The court of dreams feels like family, also to me, and I also worry about them.' Ciana looked into those wise eyes. 'But,' Aelin continued. 'That does not mean that life doesn't go on. It's good to care and love, but the worry you have for people, it cannot consume you, especially with someone as powerful as you. So, care and love, but don't let it control you, do not let the emotions control you. Your magic will ruin havoc.' Ciana let out a shuddering breath. 'You're ri-' 

Before Ciana could answer properly, her mom shot a dagger of flames her way, and another, and another. Ciana was up her feet in a second, blocking them with shields of hard wind. Speers of blue flames tried to go through them, but Ciana wouldn't butch. 'Good,' her mother said, as she started to walk around her, circling her daughter. She shot balls of flame, daggers of heat and embers her way, and when her shields didn't stop enough, Ciana summoned a flaming sword and started to slice the flames of her mother. 'That's my daughter,' Aelin said with a wild sort of temper. And it unlocked that same temper in Ciana, as she attacked her mother now.

Two fire wielders danced over the rooftop, accompanied only by their power and love for one another. It was a sight to behold, Rowan thought as he stared at them through his bedroom window. A knock on the door interrupted his thoughts. 'Come in,' he answered. 'She has arrived, your majesty,' a servant declared. Rowan nodded and walked towards the door. The maid bowed and walked away. Rowan descended the stairs, walked towards the hallway, where her sharp and icy voice already sounded.

'Where's that bitch?'

'The bitch, is training her daughter.' Rowan muttered.

'No she's not, she's right here.'

Aelin walked towards the queen of the witches and pulled her into hug that would've crushed a human's bones. 'That's enough hugging,' Manon said sharply, which only made Aelin laugh. 

'MANONNNNNNN.'

Ciana ran so fast that Manon couldn't do anything but catch her. Ciana squeezed her favorite witch tightly and placed a kiss on her pale cheek. Manon snarled, her iron teeth bared, which made Ciana make a vulgar gesture. 'You know you love my hugs, so don't act all indifferent to them.' Manon murmured something before she walked towards the living room, flopping in a chair, not waiting for the rest. 'Where's that beast of yours?' Aelin demanded to know as she followed the white haired witch. 'Probably sniffing your flowers or something, or eating a horse. Who knows with Abraxos.' Ciana snorted and flopped down next to Manon. 'How're the witches doing? I have to visit Bronwen soon, I miss her.' Manon flicked her wrist, exposing her iron nails, pulling the dirt from underneath them. 'I had to tell you, that she misses you as well. But that's not why I am here,' Manon said, all serious all of a sudden.

'Why did no one tell me you all have been visiting that damned court? I wanted to see that sexy High lord as well.' Aelin bursted out in laughter. 'I Wouldn't tell Feyre that.' 'I have eyes, guys. we can't deny he's hotter than the seven hells combined.' Rowan rolled his eyes, and Fenrys who just entered, snorted. 'He's okay, nothing special.' Manon's eyes almost popped out of her head, which made Ciana cackle. 'Oh, but there's someone else who's grown into a true stunner, isn't there, Ciana.' Aelin mentioned.