Chapter 7

The ride was calming, mostly because Jotaro wasn't giving off his normal aura of tenseness and anger. Everything was normal... Then, you heard yelling from behind a door. You both turned quickly to see the door slam open. The captain was holding a kid by his collar, and he was wriggling around.

"We found a stowaway on our ship. How did you get here, boy?" the captain growled.

You stepped up, puffing out your chest.

"Hey! He's just a damn kid!" you exclaimed with a deep scowl.

"He could be a spy!" he retorted.

"Really? A kid? A spy for DIO? That's pretty hard to believe," you disagreed.

The kid used the distraction to rip himself free and jump overboard. Your eyes widened in horror, and you raced back to the railing. As soon as you summoned your Stand, the fin of a shark rose to the surface. You began shaking in fear, for the boy was out of your range. You took a deep breath and climbed over the railing to jump in, Jotaro almost catching your hand to stop you. You dove in and swam toward him. The waves were rougher than you expected, and you struggled to swim toward him. As you got closer, you found that the hat that was on his hair previously had fallen off to reveal the long, dark hair of a girl. She was in range. A long necklace wrapped around the girl, and you quickly pulled her toward you before swimming back to the boat with the same amount of effort you used to get there. You used the necklace to make a rope that wrapped around the railing. You pulled the two of you on board, panting from the effort. You shivered in the cold, and your jacket was sopping wet. You pulled it off for the first time since this trip started, and you threw it aside. You laid on the deck, eyes closed in fatigue. You felt a comfortable warmth on top of you and opened your eyes slightly. The girl and Jotaro stood over you, his jacket draped over your body. You smiled weakly.

"Didn't think I'd be swimming today. I didn't wear the right outfit," you joked.

You hadn't actually expected the sea to be that rough when you jumped in. You had used a lot of energy swimming to the girl, swimming back, and climbing back on the ship. He scoffed.

"Whatever. You could have died by that shark," he grunted. "But I didn't," you pointed out.

He growled, gripping the front of your shirt. Your eyes widened and your smile faded, not expecting the harshness.

"But you could have. That's the point. I don't... I don't want you dying... just yet," he said, clearly hiding something.

He released your wet shirt and grumbled an apology. You smiled again.

"You're right. I was a bit reckless," you agreed.

He shook his head and lifted you up, placing you on one of the beach chairs. You laid there comfortably, trying to stay awake. However, you failed and your consciousness faded.

----------

You awoke to fire, explosions, and someone shaking you frantically. You were still groggy and had only been asleep for a few minutes. What the hell happened? The figure lifted you up, and he jumped down into a boat that contained your things and the rest of the group. You curled up on that person's lap, not really caring who it belonged to. It was dry and comfortable, so you were happy. Your consciousness faded once again.

----------

Kakyoin stared down at (Y/N)'s sleeping form, her head resting on his lap as she passed out again. He was still trying to process what just happened. The captain was a stand user, Jotaro defeated him after nearly drowning, and explosions went off inside of the ship. Luckily, their things hadn't been destroyed. He sighed, moving his bangs away from his eyes. He felt like he was being watched, so he looked up. Jotaro's head suddenly flicked to the side, and Kakyoin's eyes narrowed in confusion. That was weird. He only shook his head, diverting his attention to the sea ahead of them. How did everything go to hell so fast? Anne looked uncomfortable in the silence.

"So... Who are you guys, anyway?" she questioned.

After a simple introduction, she knew all of them. She looked at (Y/N) and everyone followed her gaze. She was still wearing Jotaro's jacket, which was at least five sizes too big for her. However, she was asleep, and didn't seem to mind.

"When she wakes up, I'm gonna thank her for saving me... I probably shouldn't have jumped off of the boat," she said.

Kakyoin smiled. "She's got a heart of gold, that's for sure. She reminds me of Ms. Holly if she were stubborn and a little mean," he said, half-joking.

The group laughed. Everything seemed right. They were a team with great dynamics. They were powerful and strong-willed. As they say, teamwork makes the dream work. He sighed in content. They'd be able to make it through this...