xxii. a fool in love

Start from the beginning

Marty laughed nervously in fear of this not following through. "Yea, well, look Marvin you gotta play. You see that's where they kiss for the first time on the dance floor, and if there's no music, they can't dance. And if they can't dance, they can't kiss. And if they can't kiss, they can't fall in love, and I'm history."

Amanda looked around to see the rest of the band look to him speaking rapidly as if he had loosened a bolt, which, in all honesty, was not too far off from happening. "The dance is over, unless either of you know somebody else that can play the guitar."

The two of shared a collective look as she squeezed Marty's shoulder confidently. "Well I certainly do," She mentioned as the band looked to him confused, "He can play the guitar in your place and you guys can keep playing, right?"

Marvin eyed the two of them and nodded, nudging everyone back inside the gym in a hurry. "I'll hand you a guitar in there."

Heading towards the back of the stage and receiving the guitar in his arms, he turned back over to the blonde maintaining her calm persona through all of this. He didn't know that this was out of seeing him shaking out of nerves and beginning to assume the worst of this coming so close."Tell me it's gonna be fine. Just real quick."

"It's gonna be fine, you'll be fine," Amanda explained, sticking the photo of his siblings and him near the guitar pegs, "You're not going anywhere tonight, got it?"

He nodded, sighing to himself before kissing the palm of her hands to head out with the rest of the band. Turning towards the seats set aside by the punch bowl, Amanda finally noticed her mother still alone despite her father having been here by now. "Crap-"

"If he hasn't seen her, Biff's friends probably are picking a fight with him right now or they already have," She soon thought up.

Amanda pushed herself past students slowly making their way to the dance floor as the band was introduced again, taking Julia's hand suddenly to drag her along with her. "Christ people can do hellos these days. Outfit suits you better than the one before by the way."

Not paying much attention to the comment, she continued to try and get her to where her dad might be. "Yea, well, your bird picked a hell of a time to pick a fight with the biggest bullies in the school." Julia immediately widened her eyes worried by this to quicken her pace beside her.

Pushing open the doors leading back outside, Amanda looked around the entryways confused. The lack of people circling around the area anymore didn't have her rest easy and she wondered how far they could've gone in so little time. "What did they even do? Not like he hasn't gone along with anything before?" Julia asked her out of concern.

Staying silent, she only shrugged her shoulders to go along with the lie instead of admitting it was her fault. "Don't know. I just saw him waiting for you inside and I come back and he isn't there."

Hearing footsteps echoing towards another side, Julia and Amanda exchanged a look to one another to follow the sound. Soon finding her father slowly walking back over to the high school whilst holding up his nose with the sleeve of his suit jacket, She only assumed the fight had long ended by now. "Sure your boyfriend found you then, kid," Fletcher only joked despite the circumstances.

Julia shook her head to hold him up. "Christ, what the hell were you thinking? If Biff finds out you even so much as disagreed with anything he's asked—"

"I was sick of it anyways, it wasn't me," He told her, lifting the sleeve up to laugh at the sight of her, "You do clean up nicely though, Jules. Not that I'm in the slightest bit surprised."

Realizing the moment that was to occur, Amanda backed up slowly towards the gym again. "I'll just leave you two to it."

"Wait!" She turned to Julia rushing over to her, holding her hands in hers with a kind smile of approval. "Could use a friend like you 'round here more often, Amanda. They'd think us unstoppable."