xx. pink shoe laces

Start from the beginning

He stepped up as well to take the other set of car keys keys to tilt his head over to his friend. "C'mon we can get some breakfast before you go over there."

Amanda smiled over he suggestion to rush over along with him to head out of the house too.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

PARKING THE CAR after breakfast at the dress shop, the overly filled boutique wasn't the sort of destination Amanda thought to involve herself in today. Still being tired and just wanting to go back to getting a decent amount of sleep, having to bear with the situation now only made her intolerable."Y'know this helps nothing by going."

"But it does!" Marty nodded silently in the driver seat. "Definitely helps."

"I'm not going to forgive you for leaving me to do this alone you know," She told him, raising a joking fist to only send him laughing at the sight. Stepping out the car, she leaned out a head to him seriously. "Make sure George still remembers the plan for tonight, alright?"

Marty agreed. "Have fun with the girls, doe eyes." Sighing in frustration he left off soon after, having her take the short stroll inside to the large dress shop. Scanning through the frills, she immediately became drawn to the look of it all.

Despite being a hypocrite as she just mocked the place before even stepping a foot inside.

The shop was filled with girls picking up and trying on dresses no doubt for the dance tonight considering this was the only high school around for the next 10 miles. Trying to see if she could find a dress of her own, Amanda couldn't help to actually enjoy the appeal of wearing anything like this back in 1985.

"Amanda!" She jumped at the sound of her name to see Babs and Lorraine coming in to make their way over to her. "Oh, are you looking for a dress for yourself?"

Babs grinned madly beside her. "Oh you got yourself a date didn't you! Sure you had no trouble, new kids around here always get all the attention."

Amanda laughed over the amount of enthusiasm being exulted between the two of them. "Yea sure, George McFly asked me."

Lorraine eyed her after this comment to have her question whether it was out of jealous or curiosity. "George McFly? I've never even seen you with George McFly, you're always with Calvin?"

"Yea but he's going with you, right?" Amanda decided to remind her in order to draw her away from raising more suspicions.

Looking to see if the response was enough, Lorraine became bubbly once again. "You're right! Oh, I just can't wait for tonight. It's going to be perfect!" Lorraine clasped her hand over this in excitement, looking around for a dress for Babs as she already had hers done for tonight ahead of time.

Continuing to scan around the selection with them, Amanda pulled aside a teal dress set apart from the various peaches and pinks it was currently surrounded by. "Oh that'd go great with your eyes," Babs said from behind to have her jump yet again in surprise.

"You've gotta get it," Lorraine continued to admire the dress beside Babs.

Looking over the way they were so adamant on the subject, she sighed and looked down to the fabric of the dress in her hand. "Yea sure, it looks my size anyways. I'll just go ahead and pay for it at the counter." Counting up the money Doc had given them for anything they needed when they first got here, she had plenty for the dress as Amanda stood for a second to count the dollars up in her hand.

Noticing a girl before her with auburn hair covered by a scarf purchasing a dress as well, she continued to carefully pay attention to the familiar figure. Seeing as she was probably right in knowing who it was from how small this town was made Amanda question her being here of all places. "Julia?"