𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟗.𝟓

Start from the beginning

jongho held her left hand with his right while he places his other hand on her waist, pulling her close, and her other hand by his shoulder.

they moved to the left then to the right. jongho gently twirls her around, connecting their arms together as they spin around the room. he then rests one hand gently on her lower back as they continue to spin around. he twirls her again, the bottom of her gown flowing out in a swirl of beautiful sunset. soojin smiles and giggles, sending a jolt all throughout the prince's body. a wide smile also creeps onto his face.

they return back to their original position, swaying front and back then side to side. he looks towards her again and sees that her focus was now somewhere else. he discretely peeks to where she was looking at when they turned and sees the certain group of men entering-- hongjoong in the front, yunho and mingi beside him, and the rest behind.

wooyoung was beside seonghwa, the older between two had his arm around the younger as they enter.

the group looks around, mouth open wide at the sight of the dance. the tune played around the ears, their feet tapping to the sound.

soojin felt a rush of relief to see that the gunner was fine-- he looks normal, less fidgety and his face sat stony once again.

as the princess takes a deep sigh, jongho looks at her, feeling something building up in the pit of his stomach; his heart felt as if something was clenching it and his throat felt tight.

he twirls her one last time and dips her slightly, supporting her from the back and waist. they meet eyes. he tries his best to hide any tinge of sadness his own held. he pulls her up without breaking it, he bows down as per courtesy before they exit the dance floor.

the royals who participated and watched clapped their hands, complimenting the small orchestra and singer as they bowed as well.

"that was fun" soojin said as she gives jongho a hug after. the prince nods as he responds to the hug. san soon joins them, jiseon following beside him.

"you looked sweet together" san said, making teasing sounds as he pokes the two with his fingers.

jiseon slaps his hands away, glaring at the prince "stop it" she said, making it sound playfully. san pouts as he puts his hands up in defeat, leaving them when someone calls for him.

the princess felt something was going on between her brother and soojin.. and she wasn't entirely sure whether it was something good or not, but her instincts were telling her it was the latter. it scared her a little, making a mental note to talk to them about it.

after the dance, everyone said their farewells as the room slowly empties out. the party was over.

the brothers from myra goes to the princess, bowing down in unison. taehyung comes in for a hug, followed by jungkook. jimin pulls the two away from her and steals her for a hug as well "dont disappear again, ok? and dont get hurt" he says "and happy birthday again!"

as they pull away, she nods, a chuckle escaping her mouth "i wont" i hope. "and thank you. stay safe"

"bye soojin!" jungkook said as they push him up the stairs, hands waving her goodbye. dorks, she smiles.

as the last of the attendees leave, only soojin, jiseon and the eight boys remain.

it was still early in the afternoon, the sun beaming down brightly and they sky void of any clouds.

"we still have a couple of hours before your second celebration" san said, hands on his waist as he yawns "do you have anything you want to do for the meantime?"