8| My Relationship, My Business

Start from the beginning

"hey, you seemed a little tense. everything okay?" he asked while taking a seat next to me. i bit my lip anxiously as i thought about the past two hours of my day. it was filled with hurt, frustration, and restrained communication. i just wanted it all to end!

"yeah." i lied. "i'm great." josh gave me a skeptical look. "sean, i know you. and it may be not as well but i know kaycee. something's going on between you two and whatever it is, it's fucking you up." he stated, his tone almost authoritative.

"then let it." i mumbled. josh sighed at my stubbornness. "i'm sorry. i'm just frustrated, okay?" i tried to reassure.

"thank you, captain obvious. i didn't know." josh remarked causing me to chuckle. "look, if you don't want to talk about it, just fix it, alright? your supporters are picking up on it. fast. they're blowing up the comment section as we speak."

"i'm going to." i said with a defeated sigh. "when?" he pushed, trying to get it out of me.

"i don't know. i'm not a fortune teller!" i exclaimed holding my hands out. i don't get why everyone is on my back about my relationship. it didn't make sense.

my relationship, my business.

-----
Kaycee's POV

it was the morning after sean and i's fight. well, fights because there were multiple. when i was getting ready for bed last night is when i saw julian went live, so i joined it. right away, i noticed that sean wasn't as smiley or cheerful.

around our friends, sean was a ball of energy and was his normal goofy self. but on the live last night, he only chuckled and he seemed to be somewhere else. it didn't take a genius to know it was because of our fight.

did i feel guilty? very. it's practically eating away at me. when nat dropped me off, i thanked her and she said she was just following orders from sean. even though we fought, he still put me first in so many ways. and i understood why he ignored all of my calls and texts. i practically told him to disappear, which i regretted as soon as it left my mouth. but stubborn me has to always let things settle, only to make it worse.

see what i meant when i said i didn't want to mess us up? now look at me. i'm waking up extra early to get a head start because i'm guilty of hurting my boyfriend's feelings.

last night before i went to bed, i called josh b to tell him my plans for tomorrow. i wanted to get up extra early and make sean his favorite breakfast foods, additional to my muffins that he loves. then, i was going to take him on our first date, but that's only if he forgives me.

i showered briskly, making sure to use the soap that sean loved. afterwards, i brushed my teeth and washed my face. not wanting to come off as too desperate, i avoided wearing his hoodie and threw on a yellow crop top and high waisted jeans along with some white adidas. on my way out i sprayed some perfume on as well as grabbed my brown hoodie because i knew josh's house was cold.

"good morning. you're up early." my mom said in surprise. i smiled then kissed her on the cheek affectionately. "yeah, i'm surprising sean." i said putting my hands on the island.

my mom laughed. "as if you're not already attached at the hip?" she teased, clearly amused. i couldn't fight the small blush arising on my cheeks. "he seemed a little tense after rehearsal yesterday so i wanted to surprise him with something that makes him happy." i lied.

the smile on my mom's face only widened. "aw, young love. reminds me of your father and i. but have fun! i hope he smiles his heart out." she said while pinching my cheek playfully. i gave her a playful glare.

"i also plan to take him out on a date. is that okay with you? i'd be home by 8." i asked, trying to hide my excitement. my mom gasped loudly then squealed. "really? can i help?" she asked excitedly causing me to laugh.