3.Blessed are the Damned (Part 1)

I woke up with a big headache from the drinking last night with John but also from the lack of energy I wasted on the spirit. I was more weak than I thought. When I got up from the bed I could hear loud voices coming from the main room. I could definetely recognise John's voice but he was talking with a girl. More likely talking at the same time as her. I walked out of my room after changing into some new clothes, I saw next to John a girl with long very curly hair I couldn't recognise. They were talking loudly at the same time which made my head spin. ''Hey! What with all the shouting?'' I yelled above them, making them stop and look at me. John looked at me and then back at the girl as if he tried to find a way to explain my presence while she just looked at me with raised eyebrows.

''Since when do you bring girls home?'' she asked John making me chuckle. Both of them looked at me. ''Who's she?'' the girl asked him again. John was too lost to find the words so I took it upon myself.

''Clementine, former fallen angel. Nice to meet you.'' I said as I shook her hand. John let out a sigh and put his fingers on the bridge of his nose closing his eyes. 

'' I'm Zed. Wait. Did you say a fallen angel?'' she said and her eyes widened. ''Oh my God. You mean like a real angel from the sky?'' she exclaimed looking at John. Then her look darkned. ''Wait. Fallen angel. So that means you're from Hell?'' she asked shocked and took a step back. I smirked.

''Don't worry, luv. She's not evil.'' John said and Zed looked at him. She opened her mouth to say something else but John cut her off. ''What were you saying about your vision?'' he asked and I raised my eyebrows. Interesting.

''Yeah, I saw some snakes. They crawled up my legs and-''she started but John cut her off again.

''Snakes?'' he asked and she nodded. ''Our training in expanding your psychic awarness.'' John said.

''So that's what you've been doing?'' I asked earning their attention.

''Zed can see visions of the future. Like warnings. We track them down on the map and hope we're not too late.'' John expained.

''I see.'' I said and let them continue.

''Check this.'' John said and pointed a place in the map.

''What Kentucki?'' Zed asked and took a closer look.

''Middle of bugger all. Seems a preacher was bit by a poisonous snake, which explains your vision. He came back to life, started performing miracle and now he's a bloody star.'' John said and pick up a piece of paper with an article printed on it. There was a picture of the preacher. Zed took it from him and looked at it.

''This is from a conspiracy website.'' she said. ''It says here he regrew someone's leg.'' she read out loud and my eyes widened.

''Did he now?'' I asked.

''Yeah, well I saw a lot of these cons growing up.'' Zed said with a chuckle and left the article on the table.

''Well anyway I must have protection. Of various kinds.'' John said and placed wierd things inside his bag along with a long pack of condoms.

''We're visiting a preacher at a church.'' Zed reminded him as I chuckled. John looked at her and then me.

''Right.'' he said and pulled one out of the pack leaving it on the table and placing all the others inside his bag. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. ''Oh and Chas is off duty. Making it good with his daughter. You know what that means?'' he asked looking at her with a smirk. ''You're driving. Grab my coat, will ya?'' he said and turned around. ''Clem?'' he asked looking at me. I smirked and walked next to him while he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.