twenty three

"Hanna..." Billies voice sounded from beside me. I just groaned when my eyes didn't want to open. "You phone Hanna. It's been blowing up all morning."

I sighed before wiping my eyes with my hands forcing them to open. When I rolled to my side I saw a bunch of notifications that consisted of missed calls and a bunch of texts all from two people. My mom and dad.

"Shit." I said as I got that feeling in my stomach you get when you know something is wrong. I quickly grabbed my phone from the table and quickly scanned over the text I had gotten.

Mom
Hanna.

Mom
First of all! Aren't you supposed to be with Lena and her family?

Mom
Second of all...Why were you on t.v. kissing this billie eilish girl

Dad
Hanna! We've been over this!

Dad
You aren't "bisexual" or "lesbian" or whatever you think you are! you are straight you absolutely do not like the same sex.

Dad
You aren't old enough to make these decisions.

Dad
Let alone let them be dumb ones.

Mom
You know what? Don't even think of coming back here. Our daughter Isn't a homosexual. You aren't our daughter.

"Hanna...Is everything okay?" Billie asked as my breath left my chest when I sat on the side of the bed. "Baby what's wrong?"

In a matter of seconds the feeling in my stomach turned from just a uneasy feeling into a feeling of someone hitting me repeatedly in the same spot over and over again.

"My family..." I started to say with the little breath I had, "They saw the kiss, and they don't want me coming home...ever."