Pretty-Boy-Diggory

The winter air nipped at your cheeks, turning them a fresh shade of red. Five weeks had passed since that fateful night in the astronomy tower and you were now sitting outside, freezing, the snow catching in your (H/C) locks, as you waited for the Hogwarts Express to carry you home for the Holidays. A sinking feeling swept over you as you thought of the horror you would have to endure when you returned home to your father. It made you feel nauseated and weak, but this time, you didn't have Cedric to comfort you. He hadn't even glanced in your direction, let alone make any effort to talk to you, since that night. You could feel your heart breaking more and more, every day, made worse by feeling as if it were all your fault.

An arm was gently slung over your shoulder, as you started into the vast sea of students, waiting for the train to arrive. You sighed in dismay as you shrugged the arm off, turning away, hearing a soft chuckle behind you. "It would seem that she doesn't want your affection, Freddie! And to think, we just wanted to cheer her up!"

"It's weird isn't it Georgie? I was just trying to be polite! But... if she doesn't want to hang out with us... I guess we'll just be going..." Fred over enunciated his words, dragging them out, as if to make sure that you could hear them clearly. You rolled your eyes, but didn't bother to turn around. You were too busy drowning in a sinking feeling of misery and heartache. You could hear footsteps retreating, but Fred's presence still surrounded you. His eyes were burning holes into the back of your head, staring at you intently.

You were just about to give in and turn around, when the bright red steam engine pulled into the station. Letting out a sigh of relief, you leapt up and hurried towards the train. You pushed past the other students, hastily. You rushed through the compartments, eager to be alone, and headed for the back of the train. You pushed open the door to an empty compartment, your trunk trailing behind you. Collapsing into the seat, you closed your eyes and finally let a tear fall.

Before you could react, the door slid open and closed again as someone plopped down next to you. Their fingers brushed a few stray tears away, causing you to open an eye, only to be met with a goofy, lopsided smile and a patch of burning red hair. You let out an exasperated sigh, all you wanted was to be alone. Fred's smile faltered.

"What's wrong with you, (Y/N/N)?" You winced—almost all of your friends called you that at one point or another but the last person to say it had been Cedric, his voice still echoing in the back of your mind. You clamped your eyes shut as a few more tears cascaded down your cheeks. Fred's browns knitted themselves together in deep concern as you shook your head. You had lost your words, feeling another crack embed itself into your heart. Fred took your hand his, holding it gently as you cried. A confused look crossed his features. "What happened? Was it Cedric," he asked, his voice just above a whisper.

You nodded, keeping your eyes glued shut. You had been so stupid to kiss him. You didn't know what you were thinking, but now, it didn't matter. You had lost your best friend and it was killing you. Fred nodded slowly. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No... I... Yes... but... I don't know!" Tears once again pulled in the corners of your eyes as Fred rubbed your back gently, doing his best to comfort you.

"It's going to be okay, (Y/N). It's going to be okay. I promise. But you can't bottle it up, it'll just make you feel worse. It's alright, let it all out," he reassured. You sucked in a shaky breath as you recounted what had happened that night. The memories that had haunted your for weeks, came flooding back. Fred listened intently, his face contorted into a deep frown, as if he was lost in deep contemplation. He sighed, shaking his head in irritation.

"So... Let me get his straight... You kissed him... He ran off like a pathetic little baby... And he has been avoiding you like a coward..." Fred summarized. You scowled, but nodded, slightly. "Hmm... I see... Well, to be honest, I don't really know what to tell you (Y/N/N). I wish I could give you some advice but I don't know what to say. And, for what it's worth, I don't think you did anything wrong, I think he's just a coward. But... Has he tried to talk to you? Or have you tried to talk to him since this all went down?"

"No. If he had, I probably wouldn't be sitting here in complete misery. Now would I?" You snapped, anger lacing your voice, and you immediately regretted your words the moment that they flew out of your mouth. You averted your gaze in shame. "I'm sorry Freddie. This isn't your fault and I shouldn't be taking it out on you. I know that you are just trying to help. I just... I am really struggling with this," you sighed.

It's alright, (Y/N/N). I'm used to getting snapped at. Mum does it all the time—which she claims she wouldn't do if Georgie and I would stop getting into trouble, whatever that means. But I think that I understand. It would be difficult for me too. That is, if I were you. Or if I were a girl. Or if I actually liked Cedric Diggory... But yeah, I think I get it." Suddenly, a grin crept onto his lips. You gave him a confused look, a scowl making itself present on your features. He nudged your side, before whispering in your ear, "It seems Pretty-Boy-Diggory isn't as smooth as we thought he was and frankly, you could do a whole lot better."

Before you would respond, Fred was running out of the compartment, cackling at his own joke and eager to share it with George. You rolled your eyes, yet, you couldn't help but smile. Pretty-Boy-Diggory? Yeah... Something like that...