See You Tonight?

You watched as the first years marched towards the front of the Great Hall, waiting to be sorted into their individual houses. You tried your best to stay focused, but your mind kept wandering. You were startled out of your daze as your table erupted into a sudden fit of cheers. You looked up only to find a boy with jet black hair and emerald green eyes strutting towards you, followed closely by a platinum blonde with a steel gray gaze. You smirked. Matthew Middlebrook and Draco Malfoy. Matt took his seat next to you with Malfoy on his right. You sighed as you cast your baby brother and his best friend a weary look.

"See, what did I tell you (Y/N)! I told you I would be in Slytherin! I freakin' told you! Even Malfoy called that one! I can't believe you thought I'd be sorted into Hufflepuff! As if!" Matt taunted, making you roll your eyes at his ignorance.

"You're an idiot, you know that? It was a joke, Matt! Ever heard of sarcasm? Honestly, it's a wonder you didn't get into Ravenclaw with brains like those," you shot back as Draco snickered. Your brother's mouth fell open, slightly. He quickly shook his head a smirked, turning back to his friend. You shook your head, letting yourself drift back into your own little world. Your daydreams were short lived after the Gryffindor table broke into a cacophony of noise. The Slytherin's scoffed, sending maniacal glares in their direction. Across the room Fred and George were on their feet, jumping up and down excitedly.

"We got Potter! We got Potter," the twins screamed as you looked up, just in time to see a young boy with dark black hair—much like Matt's—and round rimmed glasses running towards the masses of Gryffindors. You were astonished. Did they say Potter? As in, Harry Potter?

You just about to ask your brother, but paused when a certain Hufflepuff caught your eye. Cedric was on his feet, waving his arms wildly, desperately trying to get your attention, causing many people to stare at him in confusion.You rolled your eyes, mentally face-palming. When you finally managed to meet his gaze, he regained his composure, smoothing out his robes. You shot him a disapproving glare but all he did was smirk and mouth a single word; paper.

You looked at him, baffled , before you remembered. Reaching into the pocket of your robes your fingered a delicately folded piece of parchment. You waited impatiently as the feast began, until you were certain that no one way paying attention, before you slipped out the note. Your eyes scanned over his fluid scrawl and smiled as you read; Hey Gorgeous! Meet me at the top of the astronomy tower tonight! 11:30 PM — C.

You smiled to yourself, savoring the compliment. It felt as if he were flirting but the reality of it was, he was just being his normal, charming self. Nonetheless, your stomach did summersaults as you tried to catch his eye. He glanced up as you nodded, making him grin. Before you had a chance to respond, your brother snapped his fingers in front of your face, angrily. You turned to face him, shaking yourself out of your daze.

"What," you sneered, making him frown as Draco looked at you curiously.

"Weren't you listening?" He snapped, making you scowl, irritated by his antics. He rolled his bright green eyes as you shook your head, acknowledging that you hadn't been paying attention in the least. He sighed impatiently. "I asked," he growled, "why you were staring at those Hufflepuffs? Which you would know if you bothered to listen to anything I said."

His question caught you off guard, was it that obvious? You quickly racked your brain for a plausible excuse. Twisting your expression into a wicked scowl, you replied, "I wasn't staring so much as I was observing their pathetic excuse of a house. I mean look at those first years, they're not going to last a day without bursting into tears!"

Matt and Draco cackled in agreement as they sent nasty glares in the direction of the Hufflepuff table. You sighed, the prejudice between houses was so unnecessary and so immature, but yet, they were rules you were expected to follow.

Throughout the rest of the feast you stayed relatively quiet, laughing and scoffing at all the right times, playing your part perfectly. No one suspected that your thoughts were miles away, distracting your imagination from the world around you.

You exhaled in relief when Dumbledore finally dismissed the students, as you jumped to your feet and headed towards the dungeons. You were just about to reach the marble staircase that led down to the Slytherin dormitories, when someone grabbed your wrist and pulled you into a dark corridor. You were about to scream, when a hand covered your mouth, silencing you. You felt their warm breath on your neck as their chest expanded and contracted steadily, against your back. You felt the urge to bite your captor, but before you got the chance, a pair of lips were lowered to your ear, whispering quietly, "See you tonight, (Y/N/N)."

You whirled around as soon as his grip loosened, only to find nothing but shadowy darkness. You smirked, shaking your head as you joined the rest of your house, making your way down towards the dungeons. Only Cedric, you thought. Only Cedric would take that approach.