backstory 3. glittery cat eyed sunglasses

When the clock struck midnight, Teresa got off work.

Usually, she was excited for the tick that brought about a new day, as she got to go home and relax for the rest of the night hours. But this time, she was stuck with two blackout drunk adults who could barely even hold a conversation.

"Did you know," Zalia started as Teresa was trying to hold Zalia's phone to her face for Face ID, "that each of our tongue prints are unique?"

"Then would you like to find out mine?" Sorin suggested, a cheeky smile painted on his lips. Teresa reproachfully slapped the back of his head very lightly, but Sorin's head fell face first onto the bar counter and never raised again after that.

Calling the number under Yasmine, who Teresa overheard was Zalia's roommate, the phone rang a few times before a girl picked up. "Hello?"

"Hi, I'm Teresa," she began, "and this is Zalia's roommate, correct?"

"Did Zalia finally do something to get herself in trouble?" Yasmine asked knowingly, which Teresa assumed was a yes to her previous question. "Finally. That girl is one of the driest and coldest people I've met."

"Well, doesn't seem like that right now," Teresa pursed her lips as she glanced towards Zalia, who was tying Sorin's hair in little ponytails with the hair ties from her wrist. "She's drunk. Can you text me your address so I can take her home?"

"Oh, I can come over to pick her up instead," Yasmine offered.

Teresa paused. "Actually, if it's alright with you, can my friend Sorin stay with you for the night? He came with Zalia and got drunk like an idiot, and I don't know where he lives. I swear, he's literally harmless, or if you want, I'll help you tie him up in case—"

"It's fine," Yasmine chuckled, "he can stay. I'll text you the address, alright? See you soon."

After hanging up, Teresa gave Zalia her phone back, now glad that the Sorin issue was solved. The last problem that needed a solution was how in the hell Teresa was going to carry two nonfunctional adults into her car.

☄︎. *. ⋆
⋆·˚ ༘ * 🔭

Teresa knocked on the door, out of breath after having supported the two of them in walking from the car all the way to Zalia's third floor apartment. Now, in front of the door, she left the two crumbled at her feet, but she couldn't be bothered.

When the door swung open, Teresa's breath caught in her throat. Although Yasmine was dressed in a mere tank top and sweats, she was damn attractive. Teresa sighed; why were all the people she was meeting tonight so strangely model-worthy gorgeous?

"Hey, come in." Yasmine opened the door wider before stepping out and helping Teresa with carrying Zalia inside. The two of them made it to the lounge area before dropping them onto the couch.

"Can we just leave them here?" Teresa panted, putting her hands on her knees.

Yasmine nodded, waving at Zalia in dismissal. "Let them suffer, I'm done."

Teresa smiled then, jerking her thumb towards the door. "I'll head out. Thank you, again."

"No problem, Teresa," Yasmine waved, plopping onto the chaise lounge next to the sofa and grabbing the remote.

Teresa paused at the door, reluctantly looking back to Yasmine. She wanted to ask her on a date, because the last time Teresa did that was basically never, but she wasn't sure if she swung that way, or if she was even interested or—

"Do you want to get a drink some time? I work at Star Bar and we can go before my shift starts," Teresa burst out, throwing all her doubts into the wind.