I Thought You Were Kidding (eddie van halen)

Start from the beginning

"Stop it Eddie!"

"Unlock the damn door! Just let me apologize!" He nearly yelled. You wondered what the guests downstairs were thinking.

You stood up slowly and unlocked the door, opening it just a crack, barely able to see Eddie.

He saw your bloodshot eyes and reddened face and immediately softened his tone.

"Y/N," he said quietly, "I'm sorry."

You scoffed at his weak apology and almost slammed the door shut again, but Eddie quickly pried his fingers into the doorframe. You couldn't keep the door closed as Eddie was much stronger than you.

"Y/N stop!" He cried, "I'm your husband, let me talk to you!"

"Exactly! You're my husband! You thought I was fucking 'joking' when I told you I was pregnant and you embarrassed me in front of everyone!"

"Do I have to say it again? I'm sorry! Sorry, I did think you were messing around with me out there! We joke around with each other all the time!" Eddie ran his fingers through his hair in aggravation.

"Why I would joke about being pregnant with your baby Edward?" You questioned, still fed up with Eddie's complete stupidity.

"I-," he huffed, stumbling over his words, "I'm sorry I embarrassed you out there, and I'm sorry I made you think I didn't want to have a baby with you. The truth is I do, I really do! But you don't know how fucking nervous I already am about being a father," he said, looking at you solemnly.

"I'm nervous too," you replied, "I'm scared to death! I just thought you'd be happier," you said trailing off.

"I'm happy! Baby, I'm so happy," Eddie said reassuring you. He stepped closer to you, hugging you tightly, swaying back and forth lightly.

You started to cry once again into Eddie's shoulder.

"No, no, no, don't cry, please!" He said, wiping your tears away.

"I love you so much Y/N, and I'm sorry I made you feel like shit tonight. But just imagine, soon enough we'll have a little baby," you looked up at Eddie and smiled a bit, he was beginning to make you feel better.

"C'mon, we'll fix up a little nursery, get a cradle and everything! Even paint the walls pink?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"You want a girl?" You asked smiling.

"Maybe," he smirked, "What about you?"

"I've been feeling a boy," you said, "Though it'd absolutely chaotic, I'd love to have a mini Edward Van Halen running around the house, begging his daddy to teach him guitar."

"Daddy? That's not too bad of an idea," Eddie replied. You then began to feel a lot better, playing around with Eddie.

"I'd want him to have your eyes, your smile, and your cute little nose," you giggled, bopping Eddie's nose with your finger.

"He'd have to be smart like you though, he can't be too much like me, or that would be a problem."

"I love you, sorry I was being a bitch," you said.

"Don't apologize, nothing was your fault tonight. I was way out of place," Eddie said.

You looked up at him smiling, honestly agreeing with him.

He kissed you softly and then placed one of his large hands on your stomach.

"I cant believe it," he said with a laugh, "our baby is really in there."

You nodded, stroking Eddie's hair gently.

"9 months," he sighed, "I can't wait that long."

"Then 18 more years," you laughed.

"You're going to be a great mom," Eddie said, looking into your eyes.

"And you're gonna be an amazing dad," you replied.

"We'll see," he chuckled, "I already fucked up tonight, we'll see how taking care of a baby goes."

-
-
-

I'm sorry but:

ᴵ'ᵐ
ᶠᵃˡˡᶦⁿᵍ
ᴰᵒʷⁿ
ᴬⁿ
ᴱᵈᵈᶦᵉ
ⱽᵃⁿ
ᴴᵃˡᵉⁿ
ᴴᵒˡᵉ

Sorry, not sorry.