Chapter eighteen - In which Tony thinks you've been kidnapped

Start from the beginning

Thank you.

Nosy. Are you ever not listening to me?

Only when you're too far away to hear. How do you feel?

Intruded upon.

You know what I meant. Physically.

Fine, it doesn't hurt anymore.

Good.

Where are you?

The penthouse.

"Y/N? Earth to Y/N." Steve was trying to get your attention.

"Yes?" you replied, trying to look like you hadn't just been having a completely different conversation. You really needed to work on this having two different conversations at once business.

"How come you zoned out like that? Do you feel okay?" Steve asked. Now Thor was looking at you knowingly.

"Yeah I'm fine. What were you going to say?" you asked.

"Even if we were to invite Loki back here, Fury won't allow it unless he categorically can't use his magic. If that can't be guaranteed..."

"We didn't exactly chuck him out. He just disappeared."

"You threatened him." you said.

"What I'm saying is that he can come back, but how are we going to tell him that?"

You felt relief wash over you. That had been a lot easier than you'd been anticipating. Nat didn't look best pleased.

"I have a feeling Y/N might be able to help us with that." Thor said, smiling at you.

Hey, you can come down if you want.

Did Stark say it was okay?

Don't pretend you weren't listening. And since when do you care what Tony says?

Good point.

A second later he was sat on the sofa next to you.

Show off.

I don't know what you're talking about.

You didn't miss the smirk he showed as Tony, Nat and Steve all stared disbelievingly at him, and had to fight down a laugh yourself. You'd never seen Nat's face more expressive.

"What did you do with the cuff?" Nat finally spoke.

"I'm still wearing it." he said, pulling up his sleeve to show them.

"We need Fury to think you can't use your magic, that'll mean Tony 'making' a new one." she said.

They're helping me?

Yes.

"I can just make it a bit bigger. Fury has no way of checking." Tony thought aloud.

"But, this is only temporary right? We'll have to talk to him eventually, Loki can't just keep pretending to be locked up here without his magic forever." you asked.

"It's a short-term plan." Tony said, slapping his knees and getting to his feet.

"Don't mess up Reindeer Games, or next time you'll be gone for good." he added, as he left the room.

Steve and Nat got to their feet too and removed themselves to the kitchen on the other side of the room, out of earshot of you, Loki and Thor.

"Where did you go brother?" Thor asked.