Chapter fourteen - In which you go on your second mission

Author's note: I feel like this is kind of a boring chapter, so sorry in advance because nothing really happens XD Just in case it's kinda confusing, the writing in italics is conversations between you and Loki in your minds (spoiler alert! ;)) Hope you enjoy, leave a comment if you do <3 (disclaimer: I would die for Bucky Barnes)

...

For the next week you alternated between training with Nat and Loki, and as a result the only time of the day you weren't tired was the few hours (if that) after you got out of bed in the morning before you started training. After you actually fell asleep sat having dinner one night, a plan was made that you would train in the evenings before you would go to bed anyway as to try and keep your sleeping pattern relatively intact.

You'd been training for over a month with Nat now, and felt a lot fitter and more confident with your physical abilities than you had six weeks ago. As for your magic, it was like a part of you now; you didn't even have to think about trying to summon and use it. Loki was teaching you bigger things now, like how to break a fall with your magic and lift things. Unfortunately, you had to practice these things, and they hadn't come without injury; on several occasions Loki had had to heal you... not that you minded.

You had been spending more time with Loki than anyone else lately, and this had not pleased very many people, namely Tony. Ah well. Thor seemed happy about it, even letting you train just the two of you at times. And you were definitely happy. Granted, you hadn't been overly happy when Loki had told you that the only way to practice breaking your fall with your magic was to jump down the middle of the stairwell of the Avengers Tower (on an occasion where Thor was not present), but generally other than that things had been great. (Practice had begun from one floor up, then two, then three... you were on the ninth floor before the fall had been too much and you'd broken both your legs. That had hurt. Luckily Loki had been able to heal you; it had only taken just under an hour, and lots of swearing. You'd both agreed not to tell anyone about it; Tony and Thor definitely didn't need to find out.)

Probably best of all, you'd worked out how to communicate with Loki with your mind while not letting him fully into your head. It was cool being able to talk without anyone knowing, although most of the time an eye roll was all it took for you to work out what he was thinking. You could also hear snippets of what the others were thinking if you tried, but you didn't want to invade on their privacy too much.

This morning you had decided to give yourself a lie in (your legs were still kind of sore from being broken less than a week ago), and didn't roll out of bed until nearly half past ten, appearing at eleven after a shower with your wet hair tied in a bun on the hunt for food.

"Hey lazy." Bucky was sat at the table eating some toast and looking as though he too had recently rolled out of bed.

"Hypocrite." you replied with a smile, grabbing a piece of toast from his plate, ignoring the sound of protest he made as you looked for something in the fridge.

Settling for strawberries and Nutella, you sat yourself next to Bucky and offered him some in repayment for stealing his toast.

"I should think so." he muttered, grinning as he bit into a strawberry.

You sat talking and eating companionably for a while, and after a bit were joined by Nat and Bruce who for some reason looked quite solemn.

"What's up guys?" Bucky asked.

"Tony's got wind of bad news; we'll be called out later on I expect." Bruce told you.

"Oh, what kind of bad news?" Bucky asked, but you weren't paying attention, having turned your gaze to Nat who was already looking at you.