Chapter fifteen - In which you break your leg (again)

Author's note: Hey guys, here's chapter fifteen, hope u enjoy <3 (sorry for the short note I'm sooo tired) (also the gif is Tony getting annoyed at Loki, I'm too tired to look for a better one :))

...

"Y/N. Open your eyes. I know you can hear me."

"It hurts." you mumbled, trying to concentrate on anything, anything other than the pain in your leg.

"I know, but I need to make sure you're not concussed. Look at me."

You opened your eyes reluctantly, trying to focus on Steve's face.

"Okay. You're not concussed, but you have a broken leg, so keep still."

That explained the pain in your leg. You'd felt the same a week ago when you'd jumped from nine floors up down into the stairwell. You chuckled to yourself. In hindsight, that had been stupid.

"She's delirious from the pain. How far away are we?"

"Hey! I'm not delirious." you complaining, trying to sit up but gasping in pain as you shifted your leg.

"Y/N! Keep it still." Bruce told you, propping it back up.

Man, everyone was tense. You turned your head to see Steve now doing something to the side of Bucky's shoulder, who was in obvious pain, and Clint trying to convince a furious looking Nat to sit down.

"Nat! It's obviously broken, will you sit down."

"It's fine, it's my own stupid fault. I'm fine."

Tony was talking seriously to Thor, sat in the cockpit.

"Y/N, when did you break your leg before?" Bruce asked you suddenly. He still had a streak of green running through one of his veins next to his right temple. That had been the first time you'd seen him as Hulk. He was terrifying. But he was still Bruce.

"I- uh, it was..." you fought to think of a valid story which didn't involve Loki. Nothing came to mind.

"Last week? It's obviously recently healed."

How did he even know this sort of thing off the top of his head? Yeah, he was a doctor, but seriously!

"I thought I told you not to get hurt kid." Tony said, appearing suddenly to sit on the edge of the seats you were propped up across. The mission had been in vain. None of the organisers had been there, or if they had been there they'd been very well protected and hidden. You'd managed to destroy most of the weaponry, but at a cost.

"I seem to remember covering you from the angry robot guns." you retorted, and heard Bucky laugh from across the jet. You smiled, glad that he was alright.

"I didn't ask you to do that. You shouldn't have tired yourself out, look what's happened."

"This isn't primarily from the battle Tony, she broke it last week." Bruce chipped in.

You shot Bruce a look which quite clearly told him where he could stick it.

"What? You didn't break your leg last week." Tony said, confused.

"I did... Loki patched me up."

There was a very long silence.

"Was this in training with him?"

"Yes, but-"

"And where was Thor?"

You pressed your face into your hands. Shit.

"He wasn't there." you told him reluctantly, your voice muffled by your hands.

You closed your eyes as Tony nodded slowly, standing up.