Chapter Twenty-Six: Bailey Part II

Things are about to heat up. 

You're welcome,

Brooke

Something was totally off about this chick, she seemed so plastic and there was an underlying cruelty in those jade green eyes of hers. Everyone was on edge around her, even Dani who I knew already wasn’t the type of woman to take crap from anyone, but she was even hesitant around this Baywatch-Barbie-Thing.

Movement from the side caught my attention, Collin was shaking he was so furious. His arms crossed firmly across his broad chest, that half-sleeve tattoo just peeking out giving him this badass vibe that made me want to go hide in the corner.

“Get out.” The words were spoken in a level tone but the bite and crystal clear anger was front and center and downright scary as hell. “Just get the fuck out.”

Lydia snapped her head in his direction, the corner of her pert mouth barely lifting at his harsh tone. “Really Collie? And here I thought we were closer than that,” she shrugged a slim shoulder glancing over at me again. “No matter, you Dillions’ boys are all the same after a while completely disposable.”

Collin grunted something his hackles raised as he took a step towards the bitchy blond; on instinct I reached out, being the closest to him, catching the sleeve of his jersey and barely managing to pull him to a stop before he went as far as to do bodily harm to this crazy lady.

“Collin, she’s not worth it.” I said in a rush still holding onto him. I didn’t know this lady from Eve, but clearly there was some bad history between her and my family. In retrospect I should have let Collin just scare her and send her ass over teacup out the door.    

“And who are you?” Lydia asked finally acknowledging my presence besides a couple of scathing glances. “The new Bunny?” She looked back at Collin who was literally foaming at the mouth to get his hands around her pretty neck. “Collie, I didn’t think that you went after someone else’s tainted meat.” I jerked back like I’d been slapped, her words hitting so close to home with how I felt about myself with what happened during my Adam fiasco. She smiled harshly getting the reaction she had wanted from the beginning.

I shook my head refusing to go backwards. Stepping around Collin I made a beeline towards this Lydia Bitch. “Who the hell are you to come in here uninvited and start slandering this family?” I held up my hand in front of her face, a chilling laugh escaping my lips. “Oh wait, I’m sorry, you probably don’t matter in the slightest to any of these people behind me, so I profusely apologize for thinking that you did in fact matter.” Those jade green eyes narrowed a fraction only adding fuel to my flame. “No matter what “history” you have with this family as far as I’m concerned you’re just some butt-hurt Puck Bunny who was turned down one too many times and doesn’t understand the word ‘no’.” I grinned loving her small reactions and knowing that my words actually had effect on her.

I wasn’t done though, far from it. “Furthermore—”

“Bailey!” Dani snapped cutting off my tirade, startling everyone within the room. “That’s enough.” I looked at J’s mom feeling about the size of a mouse, color rushing to my cheeks as embarrassment and anger clung to me like cheap perfume.

Dani’s chin quivered slightly as her eyes closed on the scene she had created. When her eyes opened again the woman who I had started to grow fond of and want approval was no longer there, the woman who had cornered me in J’s kitchen earlier today had replaced her. Hard and mistrusting, she looked at me like I was what Lydia had called me; a Puck Bunny, an outsider to this wonderful family I have come to love.