Chapter Fifteen: Dill

Hey Guys,

So, I'm afraid that this chapter was more a filler chapter than anything juicy. I needed a chapter in Dill's POV so you guys wouldn't forget that his POV is a very important part of this story. It's also short, sorry about that too. I could have gone on with more in his prospective, but I didn't want to give anything away if that makes sense . . . that and I wanted him to just be a dude. I want you to believe that when it comes to Dill's POV that a guy has actually written this and not me. Guys don't delve deep into their feelings a whole lot, so I wanted to keep that aspect of Dill true. Chapter sixteen is half way done, I just have to tweak some things. The update shouldn't be longer than 3-4 days tops, just because again I want it to be good for you guys. Like you actually bought this book at Barnes&Noble. Last but not least thank you all from the bottom of my little writer heart for the votes and follows and comments and reads, seriously guys I never thought this book would be so well liked on here. Thank you.

Brooke 

The noise of reporters and teammates and trainers and coaches and someone's IPod in a dock blasting Thin Lizzy's "The Boys are back in Town" was beyond deafening. I wouldn’t have had it any other way with the night we had.

Redgraves 7, Michigan Steelers 0. I’m pretty sure that’s one hell of a welcome back hockey we missed you late Christmas present to all our fans if there ever was one. Especially with how crappy the lockout had been to both the players and the fans.

As I stripped off my pads and the rest of my sweat drenched gear I watched the reactions from the boys; fists were being bumped, some crazy handshake between Sims and Rossi was developing, the energy in the locker room was electric just like it had been on the ice. Reporters were milling about interviewing some of the star players of the game; I was trying to lie low hoping that the half dozen sports reporters and journalist wouldn’t spot me. Interviews always made me nervous; I never really knew what to say. And . . . I spoke too soon, because here they come now they reminded me of vultures sometimes.

Before the first reporter got to me I reached up behind me in my locker grabbing my Redgraves hat, I slid the worn flat-billed hat on backwards. This hat was what I considered my ‘good luck’ charm; I always wore it on game days. It was the same hat I had been given when I was drafted into the NHL by the Redgraves back in 2005, so the sentimental value almost outweighs the charm value.

“JT, JT got a minute to answer some questions?” the first guy to come up to me asked, I think his name was Townsend. He was actually one of the best sports journalists for the Redgraves; Townsend knew his stuff when it came to not only the Redgraves but hockey all around. The guys and I always tried to make time for him, he was one of the very few that didn’t hound us with dumb questions.

“Sure Towny,” I stood up having to take a step back as the other five reporters corralled themselves in closer IPhones, recorders, cameras and microphones all were shoved in my face.  

 Townsend gave me a half smile in thanks as he pushed his square framed glasses further up his nose. “JT, how does it feel to be back after the long lockout?”

That question was one of the ones I had been expecting so my answer was easy. “Like I can finally take a deep breath,” a couple of the reporters chuckled at that.

“You look lighter on the skates and more confident than ever with the puck, what’s changed? And how is that change going to affect you and this team for the shortened season?” Townsend continued.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I had a lot of time on my hands during the lockout guys, I . . . uhh . . . lost a few pounds adding on muscle instead, I focused heavily on my stamina. Honestly that’s all I can think of that’s changed, besides my mindset that is.”