With just War and Alpha Khan the trip was filled with silence. Alpha Khan questioned once or twice about Pomelia but that was it. War didn't mention anything about Jess, the insane she-wolf who had a thing for Alpha Khan. It seemed like they enjoyed their toxic relationship...

Deciding to not think of Alpha Khan and Jess, he focused on something more appealing. Like his mate. His dream. Her lips that were a reality. He couldn't get over the fact that he kissed those sweet lips. Or that she wasn't upset about it. That made him feel much better about where they stood...

He never thought he would have a mate and now he did and War needed to provide for her. He noticed that she only had about three or four dresses and a few under garments.

War had money. Years and years of doing 'jobs' and splitting it between Alpha Khan, the pack, and Trent had him wracking up money like it was a game. He didn't even have a bank account set up. All of his money was in a few suitcases in his closet. He would give Pomelia some and she could go get some new things...

Glancing down at his phone, he realized a new thing he needed for his mate. A phone. A sudden jolt of nerves coiled up his stomach. He left his mate with Jess. He quickly began to search through his phone for Jess's number so that he could call and assure himself everything was okay.

As soon as he was ready to press the call button, Alpha Khan appeared. "Come on I found the room number." War reluctantly slipped his phone back into his pocket before following Khan.

He had no idea how Khan managed to swipe a room key and was a little curious. By force or flirting? He knew when they called the sleazy motel a woman answered the phone...

"Alright he's in this room. We're not killing him, just restraining and delivering him to another pack. Got it?" His Alpha questioned before sliding the key into it holder and a click sounding.

The stench of blood immediately hit War as they slowly entered the small room. Everything looked normal. A small desk with a chair, hideous green carpeting and an old tv on a struggling wooden box...until his eyes hit the bed.

The white sheets were twisted every which way. The comforter was half on the floor, and splotches of blood and other matter were all over the mattress. Not to mention a needle or two on the floor.

Then they heard a noise. War carefully stepped towards the bathroom and pushed open the door. What he saw made him cringe.

A woman lying on the cold bathroom floor, barely dressed in just a dirtied bra, with scratches all over her face and stomach. The blood was coming from her bitten up thighs and her arm which had a large gaping wound. Her blonde hair was matted up and the remanence of make up was smeared on her eyelids and the side of her face.

She shook heavily as she picked at the wound in her arm, not even paying War any attention. "Shit...what the hell."

He moved out of the way so Alpha could get a good look at what he was also staring at. "Who the hell are you?" The woman questioned shakily, as she took some of the cheap tissue on the floor and patted at the wound on her arm.

"Where's Ben?" Alpha Khan questioned the woman, watching her wipe the sweat from her forehead, causing a big red streak to smear across her head.

Her eyes widened as tears gathered in the corners of them. "You know that sick bastard? Are you guys with the police or something?"