XXXVI - Him.

[i honestly dont have a title for this idfk sorry

edit: i found a title and yes its lame don't @ me]

It had been our senior year when it happened.

All of us sat in a circle, playing a game my brother had explained to all of us; Slap Or Kiss. It's simple; someone spins the bottle. Then, they go outside. Everyone votes if the person outside gets either slapped or kissed and the person the bottle landed on has to do that then. The person outside gets called in, then has to close their eyes and whatever happens, happens.

Needless to say, we were all drunk and/or high when this started.

And, of course, he was there.

With 'he' I mean my friend; my best friend. You know, the one with the black hair and cute nose; the one with the sweet smile and the sparkly eyes; the one with the high-pitched giggle and the dimples on both sides of his face; the one with the badass attitude and the lip ring; the one that gets called a fag and shoved into lockers and still bounces around the house as if it's the best day ever.

Exactly that one.

I kind of-mayhaps had a crush on him.

And I kind of-mayhaps still have.

So it was inevitable.

I spun the bottle, it circled for a while until it landed on him.

Oh, God.

He instantly met my gaze and for a second, I thought I saw something like disgust flash in his eyes.

Nervously, I glanced at my brother--forcefully tearing my gaze away from his pretty eyes--but I was only met by a toothy grin.

Instantly, I was hushed into the hallway.

It took them way too long to vote. So I had enough time to think about everything. What if they chose the kiss? Did I want to kiss him? It sure would change a lot, wouldn't it? But what if it didn't? What if it didn't mean anything to him? That would hurt a lot more, wouldn't it?

I also wasn't very keen on getting slapped, to be honest. But before I could get into that topic, the door opened again and my brother dragged me back inside.

With a nervous smile, I went back to my seat next to my best friend, then closed my eyes and waited for him to do something.

Again, it took entirely too long.

I heard some aggressive whispers and some shuffling around from everyone for a minute or two, then opened one of my eyes. I told them that I could hear them and I quickly got shushed and shoved to close my eyes. So, I did.

And just a second later, I felt two soft lips press against mine.

It all happened so fast, I couldn't even react in any way.

He pulled away and I opened my eyes just to see him wipe his mouth with the back of his hand.

Now I wanted to trade the kiss for the slap.

'Cause, in the end, both felt the same.