Zombie - Alternate Ending

[TW: blood, murder, gore]

Gerard spluttered out some blood, coughing afterwards and holding himself up over the sink. Then, another wave of sickness came overhim and this time, he even threw up. He could rush to the toilet a few feet away from him just in time to give his dinner away.

After he was sure his stomach was empty, he sat back and groaned, closing his eyes for a second. He was alone, so he took his shirt off and looked at the rather large wound on the right side of his torso. "Shit." Gerard said, trailing his hands over the slightly grey-turning flesh around the bite. It was a few days ago that he got bitten but he didn't tell anyone - he didn't want to make a big deal out of it but now... it seemed to be infected. He seemed to beinfected. Gerard was turning into a zombie.

"Gee, we're back!" Frank yelled into their shared room and Gerard hastily put his shirt back on. "Gee? Where are you?" The younger asked confused.

"I-I'm in the bathroom!" the redhead's voice cracked a bit and he was still trembling from losing his dinner - and a lot of blood.

Frank opened the door, popping his head into the room. "Why are you sitting on the floor?" He raised an eyebrow.

Gerard sighed, closing his eyes for a second. "I had to give my dinner away." The older smiled weakly and Frank frowned.

"Again? It's the second time this week." The blackhaired walked over, sitting down opposite of him. The frown didn't vanish from his face and he pressed his hand to Gerard's forehead. Then, his frown deepend. "I think you're getting sick."

"No, I'm fine, really..." Gerard insisted, trying to stand up and almost falling down again. He would have fallen if Frank didn't catch him - he also accidentally pressed onto his infected wound. The older winced and squeezed his eyes in pain.

"Whoa, better sit down again." Frank demanded and when the older sat steadily again, he pushed his shirt up, gasping when he saw the wound. "Gee, did you- did you get bitten?" He asked in disbelief, taking the other's shirt off completely.

"N-no..." Gerard lied, not meeting the younger's eyes. Frank raised an eyebrow at him.

"You're a terrible liar. Why didn't you tell me? You have to go to Pete." The younger stated.

"I can't walk, Frankie. I'm too weak for this. And Pete isn't here, anyways, he got onto a mission with Brendon and Ryan, remember?" Gerard groaned again when Frank carefully trailed his hands over the wound. A disgusting, yellow-ish liquid was flooding out of the wound, mixed with blood. "And Pete was the only one with medical knowledge."

"That looks really really bad.", Frank commented. "Do I have to-"

"Yeah, the codex... I guess you have to." Gerard smiled weakly and Frank let out a sob. "Hey, no. No, don't cry. It's my fault, I should've told you. Now, please, just end my suffering, will you?" The younger let out another sob but nodded.

Frank took his small dagger and held it up over his boyfriend's chest. The redhaired had closed his eyes and let his head roll back.

"I love you." Frank said for the last time, pressing a long kiss to Gerard's lips and stabbing him in the abdomen to reduce the pain of what he had to do, anyways.

"I'm so sorry."