First Day

Tap tap tap.

A light knock sounded on the door. I just groaned.

Tap tap tap.

This time, it came a little louder. I still didn't get up.

Tap tap tap.

This time, it was quite loud and impatient sounding. "Abigail! Get your butt up you can't be late for your first day of class!" Daniel yelled from the hall.

Ugh. Monday. I rolled off the bed and stood, waddling sleepily over to the door. Why does school have to start so early? Why can't it start at like noon?

I yanked the door open to find Damien standing there as his usual perky self. "Good morning sunshine!" He said sarcastically.

I just grunted. I'm not much of a morning person, in case you didn't know.

I sleepwalked over to the bathroom and splashed water on my face without so much as an acknowledgement. It's his fault for waking me from my beautiful little dream. It had unicorns!

I mindlessly went through my normal morning routine, putting my hair up into a ponytail and putting a light coat of mascara on. No need to look like a 3 year old colored all over my face by putting on a ton of makeup!

After about 10 minutes I was done in the bathroom, so I walked over to the closet to grab my clothes for the day. I wanted to go more semi casual today. Not trying to hard, but not looking like a slob either.

So after about 5 minutes of digging through my clothes, I pulled together my outfit. It consisted of a pale peach loose sheer tank and white with blue tinted jean shorts. For style I added an adorable white belt and a gold necklace with silver disks hanging from it. For shoes, I just went with the usual white converse.

After I changed, I looked at Damien for the first time since I let him in. He was laying on my bed with his feet dangling off and his eyes staring at the ceiling.

He looked so relaxed, and I wanted him to stay that way for as long as possible. So I checked my outfit in the full length mirror before going to get him up.

"Damien, I'm ready when you are." I said softly as I walked towards the bed and sat on the edge.

"Let's go then." He replied with a grin. "Oh by the way, I pulled some strings at the office and I got your schedule to match mine." He pulled a folded up piece of paper out of his pocket. "Not that you'll be needing this anymore, but this is your schedule."

I glanced down at it, trying yo figure out which books I would need at what times. The schedule went like this.

P1 Biology Ms Neranjo
P2 Shifter Basics Mr Bean
P3 Math Ms Jamison
P4 Shifter Training Mr Yang
Lunch
P5 Supe History Mrs Wao
P6 English Mrs Grett
P7 Art Mr Flores

Every 2 periods will have a 10 minute break between them so you may grab books from your locker.

Great, what am I supposed to do at shifter training? Sit around and do nothing? I'll have to ask the teacher about that.

Oh yeah, shifter training is where you have to shift into your creature, so vampires would bring out their fangs, werewolves go to wolf forms, fairies go bring their wings, and so on so forth.

"Don't worry, all the teachers are very nice. And don't worry about Shifter Training. I have already spoken to the principal about it. Until you shift, you can just sit and watch. So basically you have a free period."

He just read my mind.

"Come on," I said, dragging him with me. "Can't be late to Biology." I said smiling. He just let me drag him down the halls, but took over when we got to the school building since I had no clue where to go.

We stopped by our lockers, which were coincidentally right next to each other, to pick up our books for Biology and Shifter Basics.

At this point the warning bell had already rung, so we hurried to class. We slipped in the door just as the bell rang, saving us from being tardy.

"Ah, Mr. Bradford, please choose your seat. And I presume you are Ms. Hudson?" Ms. Neranjo asked with a slight smile on her lips.

Everyone's heads snapped up at my name. Apparently I was a big deal. I don't know why, I mean I was a pretty weak werewolf. Nothing really special about me. I couldn't even shift for crying out loud!

Oh. Maybe that's why they were staring. Because I couldn't shift. I guess that makes sense, I mean it's pretty uncommon for a were to not be able to shift.

I just walked to the seat next to Damien and sat down. Of course as soon as my butt touched the seat, some blonde bimbo walked in the door.

"Who are you and why are you in my seat?" She practically growled at me. Meh, no big deal, I've been threatened all my life. Nothing this chick could do would stand to what happened at my old pack.

"Sorry didn't see your name on it. Oh well, I'm too comfortable to move. Looks like you'll have to sit somewhere else." I said loudly with an innocent smile on my face. She just snarled at me and sat down in the far left corner of the room. Ooh so scary.

After the encounter with blondie, the rest of my morning classes went by with a flash. Even shifter training, which was actually pretty entertaining. It's basically like a gym class. It's so funny to watch people whine and complain about running when you don't have to.

Damien and I walked into the cafeteria holding hands. People kept giving me strange looks, and it was starting to bug me. Just as we went to sit down, I decided to put an end to the staring.

I climbed up onto the table and stood, towering over everyone. "Hey ya'll pay attention because I'm only gonna say this once." With those words, the cafeteria became dead silent. "Stop with the staring! Yes I'm a werewolf. No I can't shift. No I don't give a shit! Move on people! Next time I catch someone staring, I won't be responsible for any broken bones. Carry on." I said, hopping down from my perch.

As soon as I stepped down, whispers started all over the cafeteria. Apparently I had just murdered someone's pet dog with the way everyone was muttering.

My group just stared at me in shock. "What, didn't think a shy chick could have an attitude?"

"Honestly, no. We really didn't. Matt spoke up after a few seconds of silence.

After that, we just stayed quiet most of the time. Occasionally they would talk about a teacher or homework assignment, but most of the time we stayed in a slightly uncomfortable silence.

When lunch ended, we grabbed our books from our lockers and headed to our next class.

Those classes seemed to fly by even faster than the morning classes, and before I know it, Damien and I were standing in front of my dorm.

"Hey, would you like to go out on a date with me this weekend? Maybe go see a movie or have dinner?" Damien asked me, breaking the silence.

"Sure, I'd love to. I'll see you tomorrow Damien."

"Yeah. Bye!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yaaaay another chapter down! So yesterday I was in the shower and was thinking about Wattpad and then an idea for a whole new book popped into my head and I even have the summary for it saved and stuff. Don't worry, I'm not gonna start writing that and just ditch this book. I'll start writing that once this is over, but just thought I'd tell you about it. It will be called Wolf Prince. And since I'm pretty bad about explaining books, I'll just tell you guys the summary.

She was your average small town girl.
He was a famous male model with a secret to keep.
What happens when their two worlds meet?

Yep short and simple. You all can probably guess the secret since it's in the title. Anyways just thought I'd let you know some of my future plans.

And just by the way if I start writing in a way that seems like I'm from Texas, sorry about that. I recently visited family there and their accents and stuff kind of caught on to me...

Oh well love ya'll!
⬆️ See what I mean! Texans, I swear. (No offense)
Toodles!
~Kelli