Second Chance Mate

I want to dedicate this chapter to @AliaTyler for being the first to comment on my story! Thank you so much for reading your comment brought me to tears even though it was so simple. This chapter's for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Abigail, wake up sweetheart," Damien whispered in my ear. Ugh, why did he have to ruin my sleep!

I just groaned. "Let me sleep, I mumbled into the pillow, grabbing the pillow next to me and pulling it over my head. I've got to shut out the world somehow.

He chuckled lightly from his seat on the bed. "Fine, you wanna play hard to get? I'll show you hard to get!" He said, ripping the cozy blankets off my body.

"Nooooooooooooo give me back my blankets!" I shrieked in his ear, pulling at the blankets in his hand.

"Not until you get up and dressed. It's time to meet the gang."

Oh shit. I forgot he said we were gonna do that today. Shit shit shit I gotta get ready!

I shot up like a bullet and sprinted to the closet, thinking about my outfit on the way there. Lucky for me, I had planned my outfit as soon as I heard what we were doing today.

I grabbed the top and threw it on my bed. It was a light aquamarine ruffled top that accented my crystal colored eyes. Next up, jeans.

Unhooking a pair of white skinnies from their hanger, I tossed them in the direction of my bed without even looking.

For shoes, it was black peep toe heels, which provided a nice contrast from the soft colors of the rest of the outfit. They had straps just above the ankle to hold them in place, which crossed and connected at the back.

I was about to throw the heels on to my bed, but then realized it could damage the heels, so I walked over and sat them carefully on my bed. Better safe then sorry!

I trotted into the bathroom at a quick pace, grabbing my curling iron and plugging it in. My boring, straight platinum blonde hair could use a little style added.

For makeup, all I did was add a light coat of mascara to play up the eyes and a layer of clear lip gloss to show off my lips. They were red enough as is, no need to add any color to them.

Soon my curling iron was hot enough, and within 30 minutes my normally straight hair was in a stylishly curled ponytail. Definitely one of my favorite hairstyles.

I sauntered out of the bathroom and grabbed my clothes off my bed, spotting Damien dozing off in the chair in the corner of my room. Silly him.

Trying to not make any noise, I quickly changed and looked at myself in the full body mirror.

Perfect.

Sighing, I wandered over to Damien. Had to wake him up at some point. "Damien," I whispered, kissing his cheek, "it's time to go."

He jolted upright and stared into my eyes, shaking his head slightly to get rid of any remnants of sleep.

He smiled at me. "Wow, Abby, I don't know what to say. You look amazing!"

I grinned at him. "Thanks. Now let's go meet the gang!"

He chuckled at my enthusiasm. Don't judge me, I was quite excited to hear all the embarrassing stories his friends had to share...

A few minutes later and we were downstairs waiting for the gang to meet us. We were going to go bowling, since we could talk about practically anything there. Gotta get to know each other right?

My thoughts were interrupted by a blur of brown flying past me and into Damien, knocking him to the ground in a giant bearhug. Seriously, what is up with people and hugging now?

I grabbed Damien's hand to help him up, and once he was on his feet, he turned to pull the brunette up so she could stand. I growled softly when their hands met.

"She's touching mate! Don't let her touch mate! Get her off!" My wolf Janelle said. She was not happy about this chick touching Damien. She wanted to rip this poor girl's head off!

Damien seemed to notice and immediately let go of the girl, pulling me into his arms to let my wolf know he wasn't going anywhere. I took comfort in the gesture, knowing he would be there for me when I needed him to be.

"Sorry, I got a little carried away. My name's Clarity by the way. And Damien here is my best friend."

"Hey Clarity, I'm Abby. Sorry about the growling, my wolf doesn't like anyone touching my mate. She's a little overprotective."

"It's all good, I know what you mean. Oh by the way, the creeper standing in the corner over there is Matt. He's my mate, but he's a little shy."

I looked at the guy Clarity was referring to. He was tall, about 6 feet, and pretty muscular. Seemed like a pack warrior to me.

I waved at him and he seemed to take that as encouragement. He smiled at me and took a few steps forward so he stood behind Clarity, leaning his chin on the top of her head. She leaned back into his chest, closing her eyes at his touch.

I saw Seth standing in front of a couple more people I didn't recognize. He stepped up and introduced those standing behind him.

The one in the front was Jamie, and his twin sister Mae stood to his right. They both had the same olive complexion with dark hair and dark eyes.

To Jamie's left stood Cole, who was lightly tanned with dirty blonde hair and green eyes. Just behind Cole stood Alex, who's hazel eyes and chestnut hair could make any girl fall for him. And right next to Alex stood Leo, with pale skin, golden hair, and chocolate brown eyes.

None of them had found their mates yet, that's why they were so happy that Damien had found his. They'd watched him mope for years after the loss of his mate, but now he had been given a second chance at love, and they couldn't be more excited.

After introductions, we decided we should probably get going. In our separate cars, we all drive to Chuck's Bowl and Bar, where we took up only a single lane.

I picked up a hot pink 8 lb. ball to use and carried it over to the feeder thing. Seth had already started putting everyone's names in, and the order went like this.

1. Damien
2. Abby
3. Seth
4. Jamie
5. Mae
6. Cole
7. Alex
8. Matt
9. Clarity

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Some amount of bowling later...)

We played and chatted for a few hours. I learned a lot about everyone. Turns out Matt was actually a blackbelt in karate. Who would have guessed?

By the time we walked out of there, it was already 8. Time to head back to the school.

We all got into our card and drove away. Damien led me into his jet black Mercedes and took us back to Casea.

"You know, I had a lot of fun today, Abby." Damien told me in front of my dorm room.

"Yeah, so did I. Your friends are so nice and welcoming! Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah, I'll pick you up and walk you to your classes. After all, I still havn't given you that tour." He grinned and winked at me.

"Sounds good! I'll be ready." I said softly, giving him a peck on the cheek and walked into my room, closing the door behind me.

Man, tonight was awesome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yaaay another whole chapter done! My hand's asleep now, but oh well! Ugh I've got school in the morning. But I think theirs only 15 more days left till winter break! I've been in kind of a dreary mood. It's been raining here, and it ended up canceling some of my plans. 😔 But oh well I'll cheer up. Hope you guys liked this chapter!

Follow, comment, vote!

~Kelli