Alkia 19: Couple

I saw Sky by the riverbank but he was talking to Queen. Naghintay ako malayo sa kanila. Isinandal ko ang likod sa isang puno. Napansin ni Queen ang presensya ko. Ibinalik niya ang tingin kay Sky at ngumiti nang matamis. Pakiramdam ko, inaasar niya ako pero nagpaalam na siya kay Sky.

Lumingon sa 'kin si Sky saka lumapit.

"I need your help," saad ko sa kanya.

Kumunot ang noo niya. "About what?" tanong niya. "About everything! Hindi ko alam kung paano ipaliliwanag sa 'yo. I'm not even sure if it's safe to talk here. First, I want to ask if you already have a partner." I was doing my best not to blush. Kung gusto kong magpalakas, kakailanganin ko ang tulong ni Sky.

"Yes," he grinned.

I hid my disappointment. "Is it Queen?"

"No. It's you. Sa tingin ko, iisa lang ang tumatakbo sa isip nating dalawa, that we need to go to the cathedral now and do the binding ritual," he said.

Ganoon ba ako kadaling basahin?

He offered his hand to me. I took a deep breath before I held his hand. But I suddenly remembered Fire.

"Marami pa tayong dapat pag-usapan pagkatapos nito," sabi ko. "Pero magpakasal muna tayo para makapagsimula na rin sa quest."

"Kinakabahan ako kapag nagiging seryoso ka," nakangiwing wika niya.

Bahagya akong napangiti sa reaksyon niya. We bought rings and paid the priestess who would do the ritual. May mga NPCng nakaupo upang panoorin ang magaganap na seremonya.

I wore a long white gown with gold trimming. I held a bouquet of white roses. Sky was wearing a white tuxedo and pants with gold trimmings, too. We were inside a circle and looking at each other. Mabilis ang pintig ng puso ko. He just smiled at me. Nanonood sa isang tabi si Silver.

"Are you ready?" the beautiful priestess named Lisanna asked. Mahaba ang asul na buhok nito. She was wearing a long white gown. We nodded. "There's no turning back. If you want to remove the bind, it will cost you thirty folds of the money for this binding ritual. I will now start," she said. Umilaw ang bilog na kinatatayuan namin. Maging ang mga magical runes na marka roon. Nagsimula na si Lisanna sa ritwal.

"Love has no end. No bounds. Now, I ask you, Sky, will you protect and love Zeus with all your heart and soul? Will you promise that you will never betray her for any reason? Will you never see another woman to love except for her? Will you bind with Zeus until your last breath? Until eternity?"

"I will protect and love Zeus with all my heart and soul. Never will I betray her for any reason. She's the only woman I would love. I will bind with her until my last breath... Until eternity... No bounds... No end..." he answered.

And I thought the world stopped from rotating. Ramdam ko ang bawat salitang binitawan niya.

Lisanna turned to me. "And for you, Zeus, will you be his strength and love him with all your heart and soul? Will you promise that you will never betray him for any reason? Will you never see another man to love except for him? Will you bind with Sky until your last breath? Until eternity?" she asked. It seemed like she was chanting a very powerful spell.

"With all my heart and soul, I will love Sky and be his strength. I will never betray him for any reason. He's the only man I would love. I will bind with Sky until my last breath, until eternity... no bounds and end..." I answered.

He smiled at me, and I blushed. May isang babaeng NPC na lumapit sa 'min upang ibigay ang mga singsing. Kinuha namin ni Sky ang mga singsing. A force suddenly pulled us together. Bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko nang mas mapalapit ako sa kanya.

"Sky, you may now put the ring in her finger," Lisanna said.

Hinawakan ni Sky ang kamay ko. He whispered something. "This may not be a real wedding, but I'm happy to do it with you." He chuckled. He put the ring in my finger.

"Do the same thing, Zeus," Lisanna said.

Kinuha ko ang kamay niya. I whispered something too. "This is not real. And we're not a couple in real life. I'll skin you alive if ever you go beyond the limits. But I'm happy to do this together with you, too." He chuckled. I put the ring on his finger.

"This circle will be the witness and the sign of your love for each other. It is unending. Eternal. Sacred. Sky and Zeus, you are now bound together. And to finish this ritual, you may now seal it with a kiss," Lisanna said.

Bago pa ako makapag-react, hinila na ako ni Sky papalapit sa kanya. He immediately kissed me. And the light from the magic circle grew brighter. Somehow, it eased me. Nabawasan ang pag-aalala ko kay Fire. Pakiramdam ko, kakayanin kong lumaban hangga't naroon si Sky.

***